• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Does anyone know the Active Duty Requirement of a Navy IP Officer (1820)?

dkatsirubas

Hi everyone,

I have been accepted into OCS and though I had applied for Naval Intelligence, I was ultimately selected to be a Navy IP Officer. Since learning this, I have been reading up on everything I can to best prepare myself. My main question is, do Navy IP Officers have the option to sign a contract for four years of active duty? I have many important reasons for why I want to accept this challenge and become a Naval Officer, but my desire is to do four years of active duty and then transition to reserves. I know there are some programs (like aviation) that require active duty commitments of over four years, so I was wondering if anyone here could tell me if IP Officer is one of them.

As a side note, if anyone responding here is or was an IP Officer, I would love to hear about your experience (where you were stationed, duration, duties, post navy career, etc).