• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Do you receive an OCS Class Ring after commissioning?

KBayDog

Yeah, I'll admit it. I've got a small wrist.

Apparently too small to support your hand.

limp+wrist.jpg

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
If you're ready to drop 1k+ on an OCS ring, save that for a legit watch. It's actually useful, hopefully stylish, and respected...

If it were $1k+ I'd definitely go with the watch instead, I'm an avid watch lover so this would make much more sense.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
I call Bull Shit. You were hoping for an OCS ring.

OK sir, you caught me! Actually, part of me felt like I would rather have a commissioning ring more so than a college ring, as I don't feel like I really accomplished much in college and the ring doesn't have much significance...to go through OCS seems to be a bigger accomplishment. But now that I've finished with school and will walk at graduation tomorrow, I think that my drive and focus has shifted from college to flight school and getting those wings - OCS is a temporary but important stop on the way, but the next major goal in my life is becoming an officer and naval aviator. In all honesty I was excited about getting out of here and into the flight school pipeline, and that mixed with last minute stress for finals got me feeling all nostalgic or whatever. But I believe with that being over and all of the honest comments on here have set me straight, wing-bound.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I've heard that some branches give these to officer/A-school/etc. graduates. Not really a serious question, more a sarcastic question as I was already debating to not buy a college ring and didn't really want to buy one from here either. Would rather enjoy my golden bling of wings when that time comes.
Good info by many here on what to do as far as hardware. I believe you all indirectly convinced me that I shouldn't buy a college ring, an OCS ring (if there even was one available to buy) or any of the other crap that will be propped for sale that isn't really necessary. I thought $800 for a collegiate ring was bad enough, but to shell out $1800 for an Academy ring is crazy. Yes, once in a lifetime and very few have them, but still it's a nice chunk of change. I appreciate all of the info.

Are you thinking about the rings that for example, look like pilot/NFO wings wrapped around to make a ring? I guess other designations might have those too, but you have to order and pay for those on your own.

To the OP--have you thought about getting your college ring AFTER commissioning, and getting the officer's crest put on the ring? I'm pretty sure the major ring companies have some of the Armed Forces emblems as options on their rings, so you might have your school on one side and the crest on the other, for example.