• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Do you receive an OCS Class Ring after commissioning?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
The H- ers were always so inbred. They always acted like they experienced the REAL OCS. I never understood why eating peanut butter in your own "hatch" and having extra time to work on your stuff for RLP was considered H- ardcore.

12 weekers unite.

Actually don't, nobody gives a crap.

For every two shitbag H-ers there was usually a good one who got really sick and had to go there. People weren't stupid. You could tell who wanted to be there and who couldn't stand H. You want worse? Try living on the same floor as the student pool attrites and DORs. Stop for five seconds and they'll tell you their hard luck story.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Red, think you meant the Johnny cash's, crackerjacks are an enlisted uniform. Either way though, it does suck having spent money on uniforms we'll never wear again.

Yeah Johnny cashes...duh! My bad. Well anyways, I've got a set of them going to waste in a closet somewhere. Probably perfectly IP'd and full of starch, too!

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
True. There are many other paraphilias that I will never comprehend, like guys who only bone fat chicks and nevernudes. To that list I add my dismay at why anyone would want to walk around with a small dumbell strapped to his hand all the time.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Big rings are 44 pennies worth of full retard.

Exactly, I know several former keydets that don't wear it because it is too big. And yes, some actually admit that. Don't try and tell it to the youg'uns though.......

To each his own.

Do you realize that there is even a company, not sure if it is the original ring manufacturer, that reduces the bulk of them to make them easier to wear? A good buddy is planning on doing that soon. Maybe you could use some of that extra gold to get a better football team, or a better mascot. ;)

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Exactly, I know several former keydets that don't wear it because it is too big. And yes, some actually admit that. Don't try and tell it to the youg'uns though.......

I haven't met a single one who's reduced the size; hell, I didn't even know the company existed. Considering that the huge rings have only been available since the mid-90s, I don't think there are many who even have this problem. Again, I don't really care that much. The big ring is pretty comfortable for me, but I have big hands and sausage fingers so any ring I got was going to be huge. I figured I had put up with enough abuse that I might as well get the biggest, most obnoxious ring possible. The really scary part is that the way the rings are designed now, the 38 pennyweight rings are just as thick as the 44 pennyweight rings, just lighter.

Flash said:
Do you realize that there is even a company, not sure if it is the original ring manufacturer, that reduces the bulk of them to make them easier to wear? A good buddy is planning on doing that soon. Maybe you could use some of that extra gold to get a better football team, or a better mascot. ;)

Our football team is hopeless, but don't you go pickin' on Moe. He's a beloved part of The Mother I. Keep crackin' jokes and we may just have to send down a group of guys to tactically acquire your bulldog and beloved jeep again. ;)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I haven't met a single one who's reduced the size; hell, I didn't even know the company existed. Considering that the huge rings have only been available since the mid-90s, I don't think there are many who even have this problem.......

As one frequent poster here is wont to say, Believe It!

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Our football team is hopeless, but don't you go pickin' on Moe. He's a beloved part of The Mother I. Keep crackin' jokes and we may just have to send down a group of guys to tactically acquire your bulldog and beloved jeep again. ;)

Whatever you've gotta do to keep yourself occupied. I know you fellas don't have a whole lot to do up there.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Whatever you've gotta do to keep yourself occupied. I know you fellas don't have a whole lot to do up there.

You ain't kidding. At least I'll be prepared for the crushing boredom of cruise. :D

As one frequent poster here is wont to say, Believe It!

I believed you, Flash, I just don't know anybody whose done it. You wouldn't by chance happen to know the name of the company would you?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I believed you, Flash, I just don't know anybody whose done it. You wouldn't by chance happen to know the name of the company would you?

I have no idea, are you planning on paying them a 'visit'?

I would imagine you wouldn't know any of the guys, the guys I know are a little older and are tired of dragging their knuckles around, if they even still wear them regularly which I find a little bit less so for VMI guys as the years go on.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I have no idea, are you planning on paying them a 'visit'?

I would imagine you wouldn't know any of the guys, the guys I know are a little older and are tired of dragging their knuckles around, if they even still wear them regularly which I find a little bit less so for VMI guys as the years go on.

Not at this time. I'm just curious, is all.

Honestly, depending upon the age range of most of your buddies, typically the Alumni between 30 and 50 don't really wear their rings. And then all of a sudden, they get old and start wearing them, almost like a mid-life crisis or something. It's strange.

Out of curiosity, are the rings that big of a deal at El Cid? I know that we hype them up a lot at VMI and all the Cadets and Alumni are fanatical about the "Brotherhood of the Ring," but talking with some Citadel bubbas, it just never seemed like they were that crazy about it. Please don't take my question as an insult; I don't mean to belittle the importance of the Citadel ring.