• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Do you get paid before TBS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pay? No
Bennies? Yes

The only way to get paid before TBS is to get TAD'd somewhere... be it with your OSO or wherever

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
I got picked up on ADSW (active duty special work) orders to Quantico before TBS started and I worked for Manpower and Reserve affairs for several months before TBS started. It's just like being on Active duty.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
I had to purchase my own short term medical insurance because I couldn't get it through the Marines until I report to TBS.

KBayDog

If you are MECEP, you stay "active," and your pay/bennies begin (continue) immediately upon commissioning.

As per standard, expect a few paydays for your OI-E pay to kick in.

Fongabonga

pilot
hey E5B, how do you get that ADSW, thats exactly what i need right now, i'm sick of beign stuck in limbo...

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
KBayDog said:
If you are MECEP, you stay "active," and your pay/bennies begin (continue) immediately upon commissioning.

As per standard, expect a few paydays for your OI-E pay to kick in.

They aren't talking about MECEP

ADSW orders is something your OSO has to take up with Manpower and Reserve Affairs. There weren't too many slots so your OSO basically has to go to bat for you. I worked in the Mobilization department for Manpower for a few months before TBS started. It's nothing different than being on active duty, benefit wise or pay wise.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Well, OCC graduates OCS then heads straight to TBS and picks up with the next class, so there's no gap. PLC graduates OCS then has year or so of college left, then they graduate and commission and have to wait another 3-9 months to start TBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.