• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Do we have any say where we attend primary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stone2012

I know an in instructor at corpus that wants me to request primary there. Anyone know if that's possible and if so what the odds are?

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
I know an in instructor at corpus that wants me to request primary there. Anyone know if that's possible and if so what the odds are?

There's not much about you on your profile. What branch are you? Are you married?

Every (I'm sure there are exceptions somewhere) married Navy guy goes to Whiting. A few single guys end up in the mix, depending on what's available, or extenuating circumstances. If you're single, you'll likely end up going to Corpus, assuming you dodge the Vance bullet.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Stone...the biggest 'no no' on AW is to ask for odds/percentages (for anything)! Any questions of this type that you may have, has been asked before & answered if the stats were available. So do some diligent research prior to posing your questions.

In addition, the whole military is presently undergoing 'change you can believe in'...DOWNSIZING! Stats fom last year/month/week are more than likely invalid today.
*As eas7888 mentioned, a minimum bit of info in your profile would help in responding to your questions.
BzB

GoPack3790

pilot
With the likelihood of being sent to Corpus for Primary (being single and what not), is it smarter to live in the BOQ for API, or is it easy enough to get out of a lease that I could swing living off base?(I searched, but couldn't find anything on it)

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
As long as you sign a lease with a military clause, there will be no problem moving to Corpus once you get your orders.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Florida has a "military clause" law, so regardless of the lease containing anything about it or not, if he gets orders to Corpus the landlord has to let him out.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ng=&URL=0000-0099/0083/Sections/0083.682.html
Technically, it's part of the SSCRA so the law is on your side regardless of what state you're in (and regardless if it's in your lease). That said, having it in your lease makes it easier when there's a dispute.

acwildcat

pilot

You can put Corpus on your dream sheet but that really has no basis on where you will actually go. Some weeks they say all single guys are going to Corpus, sometimes they send single guys to Whiting, sometimes married guys go to Corpus. Just depends on what is going on the week you class up.

KBayDog

OP: Here's the single most reliable way to find the answer to your question.

I will bring this thread down, baby. I will bring it down to Chinatown.

proxy

Th3HumbleMuffin

Blunt-force method
In my class of 40 here's the breakdown, we're graduating API on Wednesday.
~13 Corpus. This includes Marines.
2 Vance
All FOs get Pensacola...but you knew that already
This week, 5-6 single Navy dudes are headed to NASWF for primary. The numbers are growing from week to week right now as weather improves and more IPs get qual'd for the T-6.

Provided you didn't squander ALL of your money while you were here, you shouldn't have a problem getting a place in Corpus. Living with a roommate helps greatly--got a place down there this week for $1025. Split in half is $500. Pretty standard really...

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I asked for Corpus and got it, but then again, most guys at that point just wanted to stay in their leases in the Whiting area. I was living on an air mattress in a mansion with a pool and a tiki bar on the NASP back gate with a bunch of SNFO's I knew from ROTC, so I had nothing to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.