• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Disqualifiers

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
I guess it is navy standard to call people out, maby bieng in the military has made you that way. I do however apologize for the caps, altho I don't see how that is yelling. It was more of a statement. I also thank you that did answer the question. I'm sorry that when I ask a question on a chat board I expect and answer. I don't see a better alternative, but I guess that is just my inexperience with asking questions.

Its not the Navy standard to cal people out. It is, however, the Navy standard to show respect to those senior to you, and to correct those who don't.

The problem wasn't the question. The problem is how you asked. You're in the midst of a group of professional military officers and a few senior enlisted. We assume that, by coming here, you aspire to be a military officer, or are at least considering it. What we expect is a little tact on your part. By all means, ask a question. Just be tactful about it.

Check this out. This poster has a good idea of how to ask a question.

Cheers,
Bubba

Goob83

None
You may have to get a waiver if you've consistently seen a mental health professional for more than six months (I believe that's the time cutoff). I had to get one because of that and medication. That's just my experience, take it for what it's worth.

And yeah, I've noticed these guys will definitely call you out - but they'll also bend over backwards to help you. Sometimes, it's both at once. :D

this is the answer and additionally you will need a letter from the person you are seeing stating why you are there, when you were there (how many visits over how many weeks) Meds if any? when last time you took them why they were issued. and lastly what your prognosis is. Additionally I make the folks that come to me with this problem have the doc or counselor write/fold all this into a recommendation letter recommending the individual for Service in the Navy as an Officer. if you see them say 5 time over 8 month and they just write Mr XX was seen in my office from 2 feb 06 with last visit 9 OCT 06. this will disqualify you or cause you to return and get a detailed explanation.
so, see the dude.... don't take drugs and spill your guts if you wish. CAUTION many of these COUNSELORS or DOCS like to refer you to folks that can write MEDS. Also they like getting paid and will string out your visits.
when you fill out your medical form stating you saw one of these guys make sure in detail you say WHY WHEN AND WHAT FOR. any way that is the info you need to make you choices
good luck

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
I guess it is navy standard to call people out, maby bieng in the military has made you that way. I do however apologize for the caps, altho I don't see how that is yelling. It was more of a statement. I also thank you that did answer the question. I'm sorry that when I ask a question on a chat board I expect and answer. I don't see a better alternative, but I guess that is just my inexperience with asking questions.

Well, I am sorry you see it that way. The way I see it.....At this point there are probably over 100 years of USN experience answering this thread. All those answers have one goal in mind and that is to help you. Part of that help is in the form of telling you some things you may not fully understand (answering questions) and part of that help is correcting some habits, which, if utilized under other conditions, may screw your career.

Learn well, grasshopper, and you will prosper....maybe even find yourself in a position to help someone else. Fail to learn and you might get squished.