• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dilemna

KBayDog

A4sForever said:
Thomas Magnum a SEAL/Intel-O ... ??? Sure, he's great ... but still a mere shadow of the original Navy Intel Officer, Hawaii-style:

"Book 'em, Danno." I completely agree.

Both shows had killer theme songs; there is no disputing that.

RachelGuy

Rachel
Thisguy said:
Lateral transfers are a crap shoot. If intel isn't looking to fill a quota when you want to apply, you're SOL. Another thing is that the board meets only twice a year, so if you don't get picked up, you have to wait awhile for another board. It's probably easier to get Intel straight out of OCS than it is to lat xfer.

Also, restricted line and staff corps communites desire warfare qualified lat transfers, so any SWO who wants intel will have a serious leg up.

To give you an idea, this past November board 16 people were selected for intel:
7 Warfare Qualified SWOs
2 Pilots
1 1615 (whatever that is)
6 Flight attrites (1305)

Where did you get these figures from?

RachelGuy

Rachel
Thisguy said:
Lateral transfers are a crap shoot. If intel isn't looking to fill a quota when you want to apply, you're SOL. Another thing is that the board meets only twice a year, so if you don't get picked up, you have to wait awhile for another board. It's probably easier to get Intel straight out of OCS than it is to lat xfer.

Also, restricted line and staff corps communites desire warfare qualified lat transfers, so any SWO who wants intel will have a serious leg up.

To give you an idea, this past November board 16 people were selected for intel:
7 Warfare Qualified SWOs
2 Pilots
1 1615 (whatever that is)
6 Flight attrites (1305)

Are these numbers pretty typical of acceptance rates for the Intel community? What about acceptances of Intel through BDCP????

And who's to say that Intel Officers can't be sexy?!

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
RachelGuy said:
Where did you get these figures from?

I made them up. No, really, I got them from the message announcing which officers were selected for lateral transfer.

http://www.npc.navy.mil/NR/rdonlyres/3DE045F5-4CD4-48E5-964A-42AF67516DA5/0/NAV05304.txt

RachelGuy said:
Are these numbers pretty typical of acceptance rates for the Intel community? What about acceptances of Intel through BDCP????

And who's to say that Intel Officers can't be sexy?!

I don't know if these numbers are typical, because end strength needs are different from board to board. OCS/BDCP accessions are going to be higher, because the community wants to bring in more ENS's than they do LTJGs and LTs through redesignation.

Never said Intel Officers can't be sexy, but if they're sexy, it's in spite of intel, not because of it. ;)

bbell

Rachel,

This is the current competitive profile for Intel via OCS:

Competitive Profile
Education: Preferred major, 3.5 GPA
ASTB: OAR - 50, AQR - 4, PFAR/FOFAR - 3
Positive Factors:
Interview by O-5/6 INTEL Officer is helpful
Strong recommendation letters, motivational statement
Language proficiency (though not required)
Negative Factors:
MJ use less than than 1 year old, psychedelic drug use

Selection rate: 7%

These are the selection statistics for Intel for the following fiscal years:
FY07: Goal 46, Select 9, BDCP 9
FY08: Goal 46, Select 2, BDCP 2
FY09: Goal 46, Select 0, BDCP 0

Keep in mind that when applying for BDCP, you are applying for an OCS slot in the year that you graduate from college and then graduate from OCS. You can apply for BDCP 3 years from your graduation date if you are in a technical major, or 2 years if not. If you have any other BDCP questions just let me know, I'd be more than happy to assist. I just received my final select for Information Warfare BDCP after a 3 year battle of applications. Good luck!

P.S.
If that is a pic of you, then you would definitely make a very sexy Intel Officer!