• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Diamondhead sights

Paul Howe

CSAT Combat Sight

Thanks for the note.

My intent in developing the CSAT Combat sight was to give the shooter a simple system that would work from 0-300 yards without having to take your hands off the weapon to adjust the sight.

The sight has a rear notch that is used like a pistol sight at CQB ranges and does not have an offset. You also use the notch to get your rough zero at 7 yards, point of aim, point of impact.

When you go back to 100, it will give you a zero using the peep. It may require a couple of clicks in adjustment. It will zero faster than conventional sights.

The notch gives you a 180 degree field of view and is verry fast and you do not need to do any hold offs or calculations up close.

Thanks for the time.

Paul

Zissou

Banned
Paul is one of the finest warrior leaders our Nation has ever produced.

I cant say enough good things about his book on leadership.

"Badass"? I'de describe Paul as humble, brave, and reliable.

I only posted the BHD reference because this is an aviation site and I thought some background on the man would lend credibility to his opinion, knowing he would never put it in his AW Bio.

Didnt mean to turn this into "which D-Boy in BHD was coolest".

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I know he was..but the guy that played the person in question...was a bad ass in the movie.

Seriously guys, show a little respect. There's no reason to degrade this thread to "who was the coolest badass in a movie." That movie was portraying an actual event, with actual names, with actual people that died over there. One of the hero's of that day decided it was worth his time to drop by and offer an explanation of his weapon sight, and you two are jerking each others dicks over who the coolest character in an actual event was. Save that kind of stuff for the chatroom.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Seriously guys, show a little respect. There's no reason to degrade this thread to "who was the coolest badass in a movie." That movie was portraying an actual event, with actual names, with actual people that died over there. One of the hero's of that day decided it was worth his time to drop by and offer an explanation of his weapon sight, and you two are jerking each others dicks over who the coolest character in an actual event was. Save that kind of stuff for the chatroom.

There was no disrespect in that post...just like if someone "famous" were to pop up on this forum. I think many people would have said "holy sh!t, thats pretty cool.".... Some people like to flame for the sake of flaming. Zissou actually knows the guy and I would think he would have said something had it been taken that way. For me, the conversation would have ended as soon as I realized who it was. I was merely responding to M0t's comment afterward.

If you would like to point out how there was any disregard for the fallen in Somalia, take it to PM with me... How is it different from saying some guy was a "bad ass" when they post a picture up of Olds, or Chesty Puller...does that in anyway dishonor the people who died in Vietnam and WW2 ? ...please.. :sleep_125

oh..and a side note, I even got rep from him for that post...so I think you're going way overboard..should I have kept my comment to myself? Perhaps, but what you suggest is overkill..

Zissou

Banned
I just had CSAT's installed on my two intermediate distance rifles.

They dropped into the a2 style RSA pretty easy, though I was only watching.

Its a very smart design and I look forward to getting out to the 300yd range on Monday and working out my holds.

I have an XS Xpress Big Dot on my FSA on one of the rifles, should take me a few magazines to finesse my holds on that one. The standard FSA is going to be straight up and easy.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO

Sorry about that - no disrespect was meant by it.

Paul Howe

Thanks

Guys,

Thanks for the post. As for the book BHD, it is vary accurate, about 98% with a few minor issues. It was a snap shot of a few guys stories.

As for the movie, the Army gave the film folks all the birds, training, etc., but wanted the story told a certain way. I tell folks it is about 50% correct, but the violence of action portrayed was well done. As for Sizemore, his ego is as big as his head and as best I can tell he is another Hollywood dirtball doper.

Let me know what you think of the sight. It took some time to get out, but I think it will work well for you. I use them on my training rifle and my rental guns at the range.

Take care,

Paul

Zissou

Banned
Paul,

Obviously, iron sights are the primary sights until red dot sights no longer require batteries. I enforce a rule at work for all my guys to keep their Iron's in the UP position (for those using flip-ups) in case the red dot sight fails. My EOTECH went out on me twice while downrange and its become a sore point for me.

Do you think that's unnecessary?

Z