• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Diamondhead sights

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Anyone have any firsthand experience w/ these??

Talked w/ anyone who's used them??

Any opinions?? I'm thinking about springing for a couple ....

Thanks in advance ...

diamondheadaperturejy7.jpg
diamondheadaperture2tl8.jpg

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
How much are they A4s? I tried finding a price on these and couldn't. Found their website though. Looks interesting. I'd say if you don't take a hard hit on the price it'd probably be worth trying one out. Although I can't say I've ever seen anyone use these or even heard of them before today.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
So...do the center posts on the rear sight line up with the front pipper? I can't quite figure how you tell level with those. It looks like centering is pretty obvious.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
I think the idea is to line up the front sight post with the 3 and 9 on the rear sight aperture. At least that's what I read. According to the company it's supposed to make it easier to find center.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
You know I looked at it and was thinking the same thing but it was probably a cameraman who took the picture and maybe he didn't have a clue.

Zissou

Banned
I have no personal experience with these sights.

I also asked everyone at work that isnt an idiot, nobody has seen these.

Looking forward to seeing how you like them if you decide to get a set.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!

It appears the photographer is using the night rear sight aperture during the daytime...rookie mistake. :)

[/B]
diamondheadaperturejy7.jpg
diamondheadaperture2tl8.jpg
[/QUOTE]

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Still waiting on a promised call back -- it sound like you have to have a secret decoder ring and know the "special handshake" to be able to get them ... :sleep_125

Sounds like @ $150/pop.

Zissou

Banned
Well I know one company that makes the best sights Ive ever seen that would call you back.

I've been using XS for a couple years on my rifles and handguns.

Paul Howe, who I consider one of the most important riflemen of my generation, just completed the CSAT Sight with XS.

I have two pair on the way for T&E, though Im sure they will be permanently attached to my intermediate distance carbine's.

Zissou

Banned
I just sent a message to Paul Howe hopefully he will find a minute to explain the concept and design of the CSAT. If not I will share what little I know.