• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DH Opportunity

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
2019: Navy ditches all caps messages.
2059: Navy switches to a sans serif font.
2094: Navy allows emoticons.
ALL CAPS was ditched before this year. Like 5ish ago, IIRC.
Courier & Arial, used in messages & email are sans serif. If you mean the Times/Roman used in printed correspondence, research shows serif fonts increase readability on paper, so why would we ditch that?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Said another way, what problem are we trying to correct? The fact that an outlier case triggers some clown at Navy Times to write a piece worthy of the Weekly World News is not a good reason to change a process that works as intended 99.99 percent of the time.
Is this a serious question?

-That someone was convicted of sexual assault and it took longer than a week to get this into his OMPF.

-That someone was convicted of felonious sexual assault and not given a dishonorable discharge in the next month, so he's collecting about $80k a year to sit in prison.

-That some Navy personnel file (presumably NSIPS or DEERS) thinks he is attached to a ship, but the detailer presumably knows that he is in prison and already sent a replacement officer to the unit.

On a more philosophical note, if we're going to write off small problems as 'no one cares' as an excuse to ignore them, don't be surprised when our junior officers and enlisted take the same mentality. That goes directly against the ownership we preach.

Last edited:

hscs

pilot
@Spekkio nailed it. I am reading this trying to figure out how he didn’t have a Pers 8 flag on his record. Makes me wonder if all of the other admin was done (Navy Blue, notification to tycom about khaki misconduct). Probably not since those should have stopped this fiasco.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I was holding off on mentioning this, but what the hell. I personally wrote a PCR, and I verified by phone that I did it right, for someone who over a year later appeared on a promotion list.

So.... yeah.

Go PERS.

Q.E.D.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Why are you guys still posting about this? Brett has given the definitive answer so there can not be any reason to doubt him and continue the discussion.

I spent the last four days drinking with a retired 2 star who agrees that having this fuckhead on the DH list was stupid. Does that trump (sorry, forgot the #triggerwarning) the opinion of an O-6 select?

I’m having trouble keeping up with the validity of opinions based on who fetched beverages for whom, but I never claimed to be quick on the uptake.

It was interesting to watch someone defend an institution unable to get out of its own way even on something as egregious as pedophilia, though. Thanks for the gift that keeps on giving, OP!