• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DH Opportunity

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
And yet folks who want to continue to serve and have not committed a felony are passed over.

Yeah, the system is broken. News at 11...

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Maybe they’ll find my old record jacket behind some filing cabinet and give me a squadron! Bonus for the Navy, I’m not any kind of an unusual pervert.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why does this bother anyone? Seriously? You all know (or should know) that the board is very specific about what information that is not already in the member's OMPF is allowed into the board. The board can't consider what the board isn't aware of. That's also why people who have submitted a resignation letter wind up getting selected. There is always a legal review after the board to address stuff like this.

This is normal, and should surprise no one. You are all authorized to secure your outrage.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The list could not be scrubbed for the obvious before the Board? Clearly, he isn't taking a DH opportunity from someone else. But it is an embarrassment to the Navy. The system in place may prevent an epic fail, but a failure it is. Why excuse a system that causes embarrassment to the service and can be improved so easily?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The list could not be scrubbed for the obvious before the Board? Clearly, he isn't taking a DH opportunity from someone else. But it is an embarrassment to the Navy. The system in place may prevent an epic fail, but a failure it is. Why excuse a system that causes embarrassment to the service and can be improved so easily?
Disagree. Nobody cares and nobody will remember this next week.

magnetfreezer

Question from the AF side...generally as soon as someone is charged with something on the civil side the command will start LOR, referral OPR (adverse FITREP), put their career/PCS/etc. on ice even before waiting to see if they're convicted. Does Navy policy generally require waiting for the civil action before any adverse military action? Seems like that idea would be worth making joint in most cases.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Because it takes so long to adjudicate, legal review takes place as part of the confirmation process, after the board concludes. This particular case is obviously clear cut, but most cases that trip a legal review can take 10-12 months to resolve and most do not result in withholding promotion. There’s no way to do that before the board. There’s a method to the madness, folks. The process is not broken. It works just fine. Deep breath... relax.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
Because it takes so long to adjudicate, legal review takes place as part of the confirmation process, after the board concludes. This particular case is obviously clear cut, but most cases that trip a legal review can take 10-12 months to resolve and most do not result in withholding promotion. There’s no way to do that before the board. There’s a method to the madness, folks. The process is not broken. It works just fine. Deep breath... relax.

Not that I care about it, but we do it all the time. Legal hold, do not promote, officer’s disciplinary book notification (Commandant’s black book), etc. Some of which prevent re-enlistments, PCS/PCA, promotions, and board processes. Just requires paperwork and a Marine’s profile is flagged.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not that I care about it, but we do it all the time. Legal hold, do not promote, officer’s disciplinary book notification (Commandant’s black book), etc. Some of which prevent re-enlistments, PCS/PCA, promotions, and board processes. Just requires paperwork and a Marine’s profile is flagged.
Legal hold, do not promote is one thing, but a board can’t consider a matter that is not adjudicated. That’s not fair to the individual who may be acquitted.