• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DEP = enlisted? Before OCS?

Wingnut

Kill your television
When I was a candi-o we had a guy from the Indoc class DOR after being there for 4 hours.

Our class chief said he had someone in his first class who DOR'd in the van on the way from the seawall. Hard to get any closer to the record than that, unless you consider not showing up a DOR (and actually, I don't know what they do with you if you don't show up unless you get your orders stamped, in which case you are officially AWOL).

like the guy with 103 hits on RLP, yes thats a score of -3

I heard there was a guy recently who had 140 hits; how these guys are even allowed through the recruiter's door is beyond me.

The guys in student pool are important; if they all leave too quickly there isn’t anyone to clean the upstairs of Regiment.

I guess S-pool didn't have many people in it when I got there: my class got to clean upstairs at the end of week one. Then, when I was a candi-O, there were at least a half dozen people in S-pool, but somehow things were a royal mess upstairs. They seemed to do the least they could get away with. You'd think at a minimum they could keep things neat while they're on the Navy's dime; our class of thirteen had an entire battalion that we were expected to keep clean on top of everything else.

MinesFO

Newest NFO
None
Our class chief said he had someone in his first class who DOR'd in the van on the way from the seawall. Hard to get any closer to the record than that.

I wonder what they did to him in the van that scared him off. We were always really nice to the candidates while they were in the van.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Our class chief said he had someone in his first class who DOR'd in the van on the way from the seawall.

In the VAN! In my day we had to run from the sea wall on D day + 1 minute. The program started as soon as you arrived. By time I got to the actual check in I think I had done 100 push ups.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In the VAN! In my day we had to run from the sea wall on D day + 1 minute. The program started as soon as you arrived. By time I got to the actual check in I think I had done 100 push ups.

Seems like there would be good shock value in being nice to them in the Van, then dropping the hammer when they get out. :D I walked in from the seawall parking lot, so I could see the pain coming as I approached. I remember saying out loud, "This is going to suck."

Brett

Wingnut

Kill your television
Yeah, they drive you over from the seawall. With all the new rules, precautions, and liability/PR concerns they can't push you until you're medically cleared. The candi-Os were nice in the van while we were driving over, and it seems this is generally, although not universally, the case. As far as the case in question, my impression of the account was that he'd decided he didn't want to go through with it (quite possibly before he arrived) of his own accord.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Yeah, they drive you over from the seawall. With all the new rules, precautions, and liability/PR concerns they can't push you until you're medically cleared. The candi-Os were nice in the van while we were driving over, and it seems this is generally, although not universally, the case. As far as the case in question, my impression of the account was that he'd decided he didn't want to go through with it (quite possibly before he arrived) of his own accord.

Damn, I remember having to walk my ass over to get my orders stamped...after that, it was on. :)

MinesFO

Newest NFO
None
Don’t tell all the secrets…. One class was told that they were not allowed to yell at Indoc or anything. I can’t recall if they followed that order.

mkoch

I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low
I heard there was a guy recently who had 140 hits; how these guys are even allowed through the recruiter's door is beyond me.

It's true, I was there when he got that score. He was a SpecWar, too. One of his classmates pulled ~108 hits. SpecEd actually managed to piss of one of the DI's to the point that he stopped yelling words, and moved on to just incoherant screams. I heard a rumor along the lines of the Director calling the kids dad (an O-6) during or shortly after his PRB. The surprising part is he only got second place for the most hits given by an officer. Current record I believe is 26.

S.O.B.

pilot
I walked in, got orders stamped, and got the crap smashed out of me on the steps of the NASC building.

I had no idea; my orders said check in on the 11th so I checked in at 2200 on the 11th. I missed the whole first day. The CADNY Os were pissed but what could they do?

Flyer09

Final Select NFO
Sorry to bring a 3 year old topic back to life but it relates to a question of mine. I'm on the DEP right now as I finish up my last 3 classes for my degree. I don't finish until April and ship for OCS in May. While swearing in today my OR signed me into the DEP and enlisted in the reserves as an E-5. The E-5 enlisted rank is standard from my understanding and reading on the boards but he also had me fill out a direct deposit form and a new W-4. I was under the impression that we aren't paid while we wait for our ship date to OCS, is that true or is the DEP different then already having a degree and just waiting for a ship date?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I was under the impression that we aren't paid while we wait for our ship date to OCS, is that true
Yes. You file all your pay paperwork with your recruiter, and they should start paying you as of your report date.

happycolt

hopefull aviator!
Curious from reading this (searched for anything DEP related for a bit), but what are the hits you all are referencing?

As in the SpecWar with 140 hits, and the other one with 108 hits

Thanks!