• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DELTA ATP-CTP Course

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
The real question is, at what point from day one does that FO make more money than the highest paid Naval Officer? For narrow bodies it looks to be around years 4-5 and for wide bodies around years 2 or 3.

12 months or so if they take the CA upgrade at DAL.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
The real question is, at what point from day one does that FO make more money than the highest paid Naval Officer? For narrow bodies it looks to be around years 4-5 and for wide bodies around years 2 or 3.
You can't look at it as year to year. With the years comes seniority and with seniority comes an exponential increase in pay, premium pays and QOL.

In a straight pay basis, I'd say the pay equals an 03 punching out of the military by 3rd year pay (end of year 2) but QOL exceeds military from day 1.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
You can't look at it as year to year. With the years comes seniority and with seniority comes an exponential increase in pay, premium pays and QOL.

In a straight pay basis, I'd say the pay equals an 03 punching out of the military by 3rd year pay (end of year 2) but QOL exceeds military from day 1.
Unless you want to campard FedEx numbers.. You will out do active duty pay the bid month of your second year! Even as one of the few narrowbody FOs that we have..

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Chuck,

They now have two options. $4,995 which includes the Shepard Air Gouge and the ATP written testing fees. Or $4,745 without the Shepard Air gouge and no testing fees. The second option will save you a little bit and is a good option if there is an AF base nearby that offers the testing for free. It's pretty much a wash in the long run.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
You're obviously not an airline pilot, but perhaps finally have gained an adequate fear of death to stop flying whistling shitcans and become one...
No, not an airline pilot. The closest I get to the show is when the flight attendant hands me a busted up biscoff and luke-warm cup of coffee about two seconds before another sweeps by with a trash bag. I guess I will have to stick with the lowly life of a GA pilot...:(

jtmedli

pilot
No, not an airline pilot. The closest I get to the show is when the flight attendant hands me a busted up biscoff and luke-warm cup of coffee about two seconds before another sweeps by with a trash bag. I guess I will have to stick with the lowly life of a GA pilot...:(

When I was in flight school I flew up to see my GF. It was about a 1 hour flight for the second leg and this flight attendant was pushing free liquor on me like it was her job. I've yet to be able to recreate that experience.:(

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
When I was in flight school I flew up to see my GF. It was about a 1 hour flight for the second leg and this flight attendant was pushing free liquor on me like it was her job. I've yet to be able to recreate that experience.:(

You'll get that your first flight using company travel benefits as an airline guy, don't worry.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor

Sounds like you missed a golden opportunity there bucko, in more ways than one.