• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Delete your home address from County records in Texas

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
If you’re worried about state actors coming after you...
I am not worried about anything happening while CONUS as a result of OPM and Equifax. It all has to do with OCONUS travel, especially to China, Russia, or to countries with whom China cooperates. Remember, to travel to China, you have to send your passport for a VISA.

As a former targeting officer, China's OPM and Equifax haul is a platinum mine and I am 200% certain they are selling said data to others.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
I've done this, but the marked unit in my driveway doesnt help my anonymity one bit! ?

Toolip

Retired
True!

It is nice to have the anonymity for the family though when you are away from the house, or deployed, or whatever.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
That "hit list" was primarily my former airwing and CVN. Most of the folks on the list had made no secret of who they worked for, what they did, and where they had been flying (specifically) on Facebook, complete with lots of love me pics. The others were in publicly known leadership positions (CVN CO, CSG, etc). That was late 2014/early 2015 and I imagine all any ISIS sympathizer had to do was search around for 10 seconds and find plenty of folks. Would probably be even easier now.

Pags

N/A
pilot
None of you will ever be anonymous. Ever.
Yeah, this seems like a lot of effort and angst around something thats not going to happen. There will always be records of you especially if you're in a leadership position within the USN. I'd be willing to be that our adversaries have extensive dosiers on most O5 COs and above. And they had these same dosiers before the internet.