• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Decent DC Bars?

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I'm meeting my wife after work tonight for a few drinks downtown. Can anyone suggest any bars worth checking out in DC?

Nacho

pilot
Grant's Bar in the back of the Old Ebbitt Grille on 16th (I think). Pretty mellow though...

wrk

Kelly's Irish times... E st by Union Station

Dear lord, walk 20 feet next door and go to the Dubliner, a much much better place.

I went to school in DC, some of my favorite places are:

the Dubliner (mentioned above)

Front Page (College kinda place, used to have 10 dollar buckets of cheap beer on thursday nights, New Hampshire Ave just south of Dupont Circle)

Froggy Bottom Pub (corner of 22nd and Pennsylvania ave, big GWU hangout, the lady that runs the place is very military friendly)

The Brickskeller (this one's for the beer lovers, around P and 22nd, cool place to just enjoy beer and chill out)

Adams Morgan has a ton of stuff if you just take a cab or ride the metro there and walk around you're sure to find something, same with Georgetown except I found a lot of the places there very expensive and snobbish.

If you're looking for good food, Jaleo, on E and 7th, kinda by the Navy Memorial, is the best restaraunt in the city, as far as I'm concerned, never been to the bar there, but it's pretty popular later in the evening.

Lawman

None
This thread needs stickied. Lot of important info for anybody going to TBS.

brownshoe

Contributor
Dear lord, walk 20 feet next door and go to the Dubliner, a much much better place.

I went to school in DC, some of my favorite places are:

the Dubliner (mentioned above)

Front Page (College kinda place, used to have 10 dollar buckets of cheap beer on thursday nights, New Hampshire Ave just south of Dupont Circle)

Froggy Bottom Pub (corner of 22nd and Pennsylvania ave, big GWU hangout, the lady that runs the place is very military friendly)

The Brickskeller (this one's for the beer lovers, around P and 22nd, cool place to just enjoy beer and chill out)

Adams Morgan has a ton of stuff if you just take a cab or ride the metro there and walk around you're sure to find something, same with Georgetown except I found a lot of the places there very expensive and snobbish.

If you're looking for good food, Jaleo, on E and 7th, kinda by the Navy Memorial, is the best restaraunt in the city, as far as I'm concerned, never been to the bar there, but it's pretty popular later in the evening.

Yep agree with your choices. But I'm gonna miss BLACKIES HOUSE OF BEEF - DEJA VU LOUNGE, great place to go. Georgetown has some great places.

Steve

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
I have lived in the DC area for 7yrs. I prefer Georgetown, The best dive bar is Rhino bar (as voted by Stuff magazine) it is a G-town college bar. Also like 3rd Edition in the summers it has an outside Tiki Bar! I also find Arlington, VA good too, across the river from DC G-Town.