• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December SNA Board?

atflor

pilot
I am getting my application in for the December board. Who is doing the same? If you are, share your stats.

24 years old
3.22 GPA, accounting UC santa Barbara
Some flight time
High School Athletics
7 years CAP
good LOR's
ASTB 55 7/7/7

navyboy4415

20 years old
3.2 gpa - civil engineering univ. of pittsburgh
64 6/6/6 astb
high school athletics + college motorcyling
great LORS (I think everyone has great LORS)
no flight time

ENG6INE

23 years old
3.25 GPA, Mechanical Engineering
No Flight Experience (well, 1 hour)
High School Athletics
Volunteer Firefighter (7 years)
Motocross rider
ASTB 66 8/9/8

Navyboy, I see you are into dirtbikes. You also ride any street? What kind of bikes do you have? Currently I'm riding a '03 CR 250 (gotta love the 2 stroke) and a CBR600RR.
Does anyone know how important it is to have prior flight experience? Doing some research the AirForce seems to weight that pretty heavily. Is the Navy the same?

jride200

Hello Guys,

I am rushing to finish my application. Can you tell me please when it needs to be completed to make the December board? Or the January board?

Here are my stats:
3.7 GPA Mechanical Engineering Technology with Aerospace Technology Certificate
ALSO 3.6 GPA for two Associate's degrees: Math and Engineering Science
ASTB: 7/7/6 62 (score from first time, may take again)
I have worked in industry as a CNC machinist.
Avid Cyclist and Runner [pushups and situps about at minimum though :-( ]
Eagle Scout
24yrs of age
20/15 uncorrected vision
No flight training
LORs from AF Major General, USMC Colonel and former Scoutmaster.

What do you guys think about my credentials?

I'm going for 1) SNA 2) NFO 3) Undecided

JR

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
Hello Guys,

I am rushing to finish my application. Can you tell me please when it needs to be completed to make the December board? Or the January board?

Here are my stats:
3.7 GPA Mechanical Engineering Technology with Aerospace Technology Certificate
ALSO 3.6 GPA for two Associate's degrees: Math and Engineering Science
ASTB: 7/7/6 62 (score from first time, may take again)
I have worked in industry as a CNC machinist.
Avid Cyclist and Runner [pushups and situps about at minimum though :-( ]
Eagle Scout
24yrs of age
20/15 uncorrected vision
No flight training
LORs from AF Major General, USMC Colonel and former Scoutmaster.

What do you guys think about my credentials?

I'm going for 1) SNA 2) NFO 3) Undecided

JR

First off, great stats. On another note, after your degrees, I hate you. I'm graduating after 3 years this year with an aerospace engineering degree and my vision has gone from 20/20 - 20/25 in one eye and 20/25-20/40 in the other. I HATE you people who could spend 5 years doing engineering homework and playing world of warcraft (ahem! roommate) and still have 20/15 vision.... rant over..

dunerunner

My package should be out before Thanksgiving, which will set it up for the Dec. 11th board.
Going SNA and NFO.
My stats:
3.3 GPA in Biochemistry from UCSD
9/9/9 64
Been doing research for the past 4 years.
LOR from one of the directors from my institute, a Scientist that I used to work with, one of my colleagues, and a retired F14 pilot who is the dad of one of my good friends.
No formal flight training.

Good luck to everyone, hopefully we will all hear the results of the Dec. board before Christmas.

navyboy4415

I share my bikes with my brother (just so we can own more) but on the dirt I own 2 Yamaha YZ 125. I love riding dirt, I've been racing since I was 5. Placed 2nd in the state series 2 years back and it sucks being at college because I can't race . On the street I own a brand new R 1 (just got it 3 months ago) midnight black, boy does this thing fly. I also own a Kawasaki ZRX 1200 that I upgraded for my senior project in high school. I like the 1200 but the bike does not compare to the R1 in anyway. It reminds me of an old 80s street bike.

ENG6INE

hahahahaha yeah that ZRX is straight out of the eighties. My next streetbike will be an R1. Those are bad ass. The black with the red pin stripe wheels is hot. I've only done a couple motocross races, kinda putting the dirt riding on hold so I don't hurt myself while putting my app. in for the Navy.