• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

TnSig

SNA
So...... I def feel like the only guy not getting a final select letter and class date around here...... Should I be concerned ?
You aren't the only one. Actually, I would say there are more of us who haven't received FS letters than those who have. Hopefully we will hear something soon.

Merry Xmas ladies and gents. Waiting as well on IP, SwO/IP and Swo/IW board. Congrats to those selected! I wanted to post my credentials and hopefully get some feedback on what you guys think my chances are. All input is welcomed. Thank you.

4 years AD -IT2/E5
Ts/Sci
EIDWS
Evals MP, EP, EP

Education:
2002 BFA, Graphic Design 3.0
2009 MS, Education 3.6
Current DBA (candidate) 3.8
Net+
Sec+
USMAPS- computer operator
ASvab :83
OAR:41

Awards:
Red Cross Presidential Citation and letter from CIC Obama
3 Flocs
Movsm
NAM
Good conduct
Blue jacket of the year 2012
Bluejacket of the quarter 2X

LOR:
O3(OIC 6420 ) LNSC Command
O4(OIC 1820), Cyberforces
O4(OIC 1320), MTOC
O6(1310 Deputy), 7 fleet

3 appraisals all 10's: from O3,O3 & O4.

VQIW31

Merry Xmas ladies and gents. Waiting as well on IP, SwO/IP and Swo/IW board. Congrats to those selected! I wanted to post my credentials and hopefully get some feedback on what you guys think my chances are. All input is welcomed. Thank you.

4 years AD -IT2/E5
Ts/Sci
EIDWS
Evals MP, EP, EP

Education:
2009 MS, Education 3.6
Net+
Sec+

Awards:
3 Flocs
Movsm
NAM
Good conduct

LOR:
O4(OIC 1320), MTOC
O6(1310 Deputy), 7 fleet

Looks pretty good! I'm by no means an expert, and I'm not discounting the all 10 appraisals,but I'd shoot for an O-5 for at least one or two of those. That's the two cents I got from a few of the Os that helped me out along the way.

Last edited:

Novaspike

4 years AD -IT2/E5
Ts/Sci
EIDWS
Evals MP, EP, EP

Education:
2009 MS, Education 3.6
Net+
Sec+

Awards:
3 Flocs
Movsm
NAM
Good conduct

LOR:
O4(OIC 1320), MTOC
O6(1310 Deputy), 7 fleet

Based on those stats I'd say your going to get presents this year!

Couldn't resist, Merry Christmas.

Kees

SNA Select

4 years AD -IT2/E5
Ts/Sci
EIDWS
Evals MP, EP, EP

Education:
2009 MS, Education 3.6
Net+
Sec+

Awards:
3 Flocs
Movsm
NAM
Good conduct

LOR:
O4(OIC 1320), MTOC
O6(1310 Deputy), 7 fleet

As far as being well-rounded goes, I think you're right in there! The kit looks great. The only cause for concern that I see at this point is the OAR of 41--not sure if it is considered competitive for the positions you have applied for. In any case, I think you've got a pretty good shot! Best of luck!

VQIW31

As far as being well-rounded goes, I think you're right in there! The kit looks great. The only cause for concern that I see at this point is the OAR of 41--not sure if it is considered competitive for the positions you have applied for. In any case, I think you've got a pretty good shot! Best of luck!
I got selected with a 41....so it's possible. Anywhere in the 40s and 50s is pretty well average as far as test stats go.

Migs01

I second what Decker said.. My score was a 36, and I was selected.. In my opinion it just depends what the board is looking for. I will say this, all 10 write-ups are great, but you should try to have O-5 support. I had nine interviews from IPs and IWs, all but two were O-5s, so I guess it depends on the board.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Agree with Kees, the package is fine, except for the low-average AOR, which makes at least SWO, problematic; however.....
I got selected with a 41....so it's possible. Anywhere in the 40s and 50s is pretty well average as far as test stats go.
Considering that Blaine was ProRec Y with a 41, I'd give it a shot. If no-go on the first try, then retake the AOR... utilizing the experience gained from the initial test, plus further study to improve your package. Place emphasis on time management when practice testing, and during a retest.;)

Realize that the vast majority of retests result in a considerable improvement in test scores!:confused:
Bubblehead Xmas.jpg
BzB, prior ET2 (SS)

Agree with Kees, the package is fine, except for the low-average AOR, which makes at least SWO, problematic; however.....

Considering that Blaine was ProRec Y with a 41, I'd give it a shot. If no-go on the first try, then retake the AOR... utilizing the experience gained from the initial test, plus further study to improve your package. Place emphasis on time management when practice testing, and during a retest.;)

Realize that the vast majority of retests result in a considerable improvement in test scores!:confused:
View attachment 13257
BzB, prior ET2 (SS)

exNavyOffRec

Thank you everyone for your replies. I agree, my AOR is kind of low. If I don't get selected I will be sure to retake the exam as well as seek more IP recs. Happy Holidays everyone.

Don't worry about your OAR, that isn't the make of break on the boards it is everything else.

You have an good what I like to call "wild card" and that is your are an AD sailor in an IDC rate.

I would say the biggest hurdle you have is actually your choice of designators, you have picked 3 that combined on select on average 20 people for OCS each FY, there have been years where IP has had 0 for selections, I would ditch SWO IW and put regular IW and maybe ditch IP and put Intel, of course all these are based on what is left for the rest of FY14.

Migs01

I second what Decker said.. My score was a 36, and I was selected.. In my opinion it just depends what the board is looking for. I will say this, all 10 write-ups are great, but you should try to have O-5 support. I had nine interviews from IPs and IWs, all but two were O-5s, so I guess it depends on the board.
I made a mistake I had five O5s interview me, the rest were O4s and an O3.

exNavyOffRec

A big factor (talking about AD) is not only the degree, and GPA, but also what designator you are applying for within IDC, Intel and IW have the biggest number of spots (around 30 each), anything else (SWO IW, SWO IP, IP) generally runs single digits