• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

exNavyOffRec

So because my FS letter has an 02 FEB date, my OR needs me to separate the AF 3 weeks before my class date to get plane tickets and send all my records. The Air Force can't get me out that quickly so I am having to request the March OCS date, literally pushing me to the Age limit for my waiver....hopefully they can honor the request.

I believe the March class date is March 16th, just an FYI for you.

Why not request Feb 23rd? I would hope that would give them the time they need.

exNavyOffRec

Well, the day is almost done... I guess the SWO people are waiting through the holidays. :(

Remember FS letters just aren't generated right after a person is pro rec, they usually start sending them out when a person is within a certain time from OCS, the standard in the past was they would come out no less than 4 weeks before OCS and no more than 3 months before OCS.

Hi, I've been lurking here for the last week. I'm a civilian applicant for IW. I see that the list is out but my recruiter hasn't called me yet. Is there anyway for me to check if my name is on the list through here? Thank you. My wife and I are on pins and needles!

Novaspike

Found this out today, thought it was funny.

So my OIC called the processor to see if I was selected, but what he didn't mention was the processor asking him, "the results only came out less than two hours ago, how did he hear that they were out?"

Ninja Air Warriors network!

JamesL37

Remember FS letters just aren't generated right after a person is pro rec, they usually start sending them out when a person is within a certain time from OCS, the standard in the past was they would come out no less than 4 weeks before OCS and no more than 3 months before OCS.

Does that mean person is slated for a specific date before the FS is generated? Is there an unofficial way to know this before the actual FS letter? I really just want to know when I'll be going so I can plan my life around it. I just finished school few months ago and I can't even find part time jobs because I don't know when I'll have to leave... Here's hoping for the March OCS!

ricks61885

Ricks61885
I believe the March class date is March 16th, just an FYI for you.

Why not request Feb 23rd? I would hope that would give them the time they need.
If I request the 23rd, I would need to separate near the end of January, the Air Force needs 8 weeks from today to outprocess me...possibly destroying my chances of reporting to OCS on time.

America

I got word I just missed the last rolling board, waiting on the next one come Jan. Anyone else in the same boat?

I'm in the same boat. Submitted my package in October after clearing medical with the marines, only to find out that the docs (LASIK, urinalysis) didn't clear it for the navy. Is it true that these items have to be cleared prior to be reviewed for the board? Keep getting mixed answers..

I'm now going to MEPS in January.

Kees

SNA Select
Yup, same boat as you'll. Head to MEPS early Jan. and that will be the last thing I need to do. But I do not think there is a high probability that another board will be convening in January. To early and probably not enough kits. I would expect Feb/March but according to the actually schedule it is ROLLING.

Located the schedule. SNA/NFO is rolling. http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/publications/NOTICES/1131 FY14 BOARDSKED By Community - Encl 4 - Rev 1.pdf

Also, do you do your security interview before or after, or does it all depend? Sorry if this has already been asked.

It has already been asked, but no worries. The security clearance investigation/interview doesn't begin until your SF86 signature forms have been submitted. You should get a call from an investigator to schedule your interview within a couple of weeks of submitting your SF86/signature pages.

As long as ALL required paperwork is submitted on time, you should have no issues being seen at the next board. The investigation takes several months to complete, so it will not hold up your kit from being submitted to the boards.

Found this out today, thought it was funny.

So my OIC called the processor to see if I was selected, but what he didn't mention was the processor asking him, "the results only came out less than two hours ago, how did he hear that they were out?"

Ninja Air Warriors network!
Do you have the list for IW result?

exNavyOffRec

If I request the 23rd, I would need to separate near the end of January, the Air Force needs 8 weeks from today to outprocess me...possibly destroying my chances of reporting to OCS on time.

I have seen guys go from USAF AD to USN OCS and that 8 week thing is BS, our guy was out 4 weeks after it was requested, it went fast, could they be saying 8 weeks for the holiday issue, in that case it might not be BS

exNavyOffRec

Does that mean person is slated for a specific date before the FS is generated? Is there an unofficial way to know this before the actual FS letter? I really just want to know when I'll be going so I can plan my life around it. I just finished school few months ago and I can't even find part time jobs because I don't know when I'll have to leave... Here's hoping for the March OCS!

yes, the date will be put in the system before a FS letter can be generated, but sometimes it isn't put in right away, several factors involved so you must be flexible.