• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

mich313

Supply/SWO/Intel
I was under the impression that if the board for your 2nd/3rd preference met before your 1st preference, your packet would still go to your 1st preference's board. I could be wrong though. Honestly, I'll be happy with a commission, no matter the community lol

USNavyIntel

IS1 (SW/AW)
I was under the impression that if the board for your 2nd/3rd preference met before your 1st preference, your packet would still go to your 1st preference's board. I could be wrong though. Honestly, I'll be happy with a commission, no matter the community lol
That's a great attitude! I was told to not put a designator on the package unless you were willing to work in that community. Plus, there's always lateral transfer into another community!

AmericanJoe

You divide the number that got a Pro Rec Y by the total number that were on the AD list that Crewguy02 posted...

1qTC9Dx.jpg

exNavyOffRec

Hey Sir, the second (NRC) vote is the final hurdle prior to the FS Letter, correct? I've heard that a Pro-Rec Y was (in the majority of cases) as good as getting a FS, barring you had some sort of medical issue. When you say that they turn down more on average than they select, is that referring to the NRC vote after the Pro-Recs, or the Pro Board itself?

Currently for AD if pro Y a FS is almost assured.

In general they turn down more (pro N) than they accept (pro Y)

exNavyOffRec

In your experience, if AD have results in hand, what kind of time frame are civilians still waiting looking at?

Usually AD is after, but it looks like there was a small number of AD this time, and AD have to be notified by their COC so they have a letter that goes to their command, and they should also show up on the master list, the official notification is the one that is signed by the senior member, and that is where they get the names for the memo that goes to the AD commands.

Crewguy02

MT1/SS
Usually AD is after, but it looks like there was a small number of AD this time, and AD have to be notified by their COC so they have a letter that goes to their command, and they should also show up on the master list, the official notification is the one that is signed by the senior member, and that is where they get the names for the memo that goes to the AD commands.
Currently, due to BOL not being fully up, board results are being emailed to the appropriate parent commands for AD.

DWILL

I admit my package was geared more towards SC rather than SWO, but I am still very disappointed I did not make the cut. I still have to Supply results to sweat over until JAN. Time to begin looking into the reconsideration letter (ANY ADVICE?). Not sure where to begin improving my package with the new ASTB/OAR out, but I will resubmit for sure. Good luck to everyone still waiting and Congratulations to all those selected.

Crewguy02

MT1/SS
I admit my package was geared more towards SC rather than SWO, but I am still very disappointed I did not make the cut. I still have to Supply results to sweat over until JAN. Time to begin looking into the reconsideration letter (ANY ADVICE?). Not sure where to begin improving my package with the new ASTB/OAR out, but I will resubmit for sure. Good luck to everyone still waiting and Congratulations to all those selected.

Some things to look at are awards, Letters of Recommendation, your PRTs. Retaking the OAR is great but keep in mind that for one if you get a lower score thats your new score and people have gotten ProRec-Y with lower scores. Its a big picture that they are looking at. Also look at your essays and who did your interviews. I had 4, one of which was a Supply Capt because i initially was applying for Supply. Im no expert, just pointing out what seemed to work for me. I also had several people review my package prior to submitting. Hope this helps and good luck and if you need any help send me a message.