• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
Sorry should have been more clear posting in a different board thread, I was picked up off July board. I was just touching on the active duty side of things.

My chain of command never got any notice. Bupers is where you will see it, unless your CCC is watching it is on you. My CO and XO were emailed my FS letter but that's pretty much the extent of their involvement.
Bupers is not much help right now... most of it is down for maintenance.

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
My chain of command never got any notice. Bupers is where you will see it, unless your CCC is watching it is on you. My CO and XO were emailed my FS letter but that's pretty much the extent of their involvement.
Yup that's pretty much how mine was. Found out through Bupers and CO received my FS letter.

It can be broken into 2 groups, the first is that they look very hard and prefer those with prior service or those currently AD, then you have traits for civilians applying and they are what I have seen and/or heard in the past from the program managers, tech degree, very high GPA, leadership, and strong LOR's from professors/employers.

The above doesn't mean a person won't get picked up that is outside of what I have listed, but if you look at those selected the above are the common items.

NavyOffRec,
Do you know what the stats are as far Intel go? Are they picking up quite a bit of applicants? Any info you can give would be greatly appreciated.

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,
Do you know what the stats are as far Intel go? Are they picking up quite a bit of applicants? Any info you can give would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have current numbers and I don't think FY14 official numbers are out, I may be able to get them next week when I meet some friends, but RUFi0181 might have them.

Historically they stay about the same from year to year I believe 60 sticks in my mind right now, either way they are low and the selection percentage is low.

CTFly1

Alrighty then... since we seem to be in waiting mode now (at least for sna/snfo/swo)... who do i play as my flex player this weekend?

Justin Blackmon (JAX WR) @ 49rs
Terrance Williams (DAL WR) @Lions
Reuben Randle (NYG WR) @Eagles

Blackmon is a monster... but he's playing SF. Williams and Randle are both WR3s that have put up great numbers three weeks in a row and are playing weak secondaries... what to do???

jander12

pilot
... Just got my RE-code waiver approved last week...

Apparently this RE-code waiver process has multiple stages - first stage approved my waiver; however, I'm getting word now that CNRC wants me to do a PRT before approving anything - to which my recruiter said "the Navy" told [recruiters] not to PRT any applicants.

Does anyone know how this may play out for me? Thanks.

DWILL

Yup that's pretty much how mine was. Found out through Bupers and CO received my FS letter.

The rolling boards seem to notify the member directly through email (for AD types), bupers is not fully functioning right now. A friend at my command who submitted in early SEP, about a month before me, was notified via email on Thurs of his pro-rec Y. The CoC had no idea and is still awaiting the word. The Pro-Rec Y email was from MR. Ted Williams.

exNavyOffRec

Apparently this RE-code waiver process has multiple stages - first stage approved my waiver; however, I'm getting word now that CNRC wants me to do a PRT before approving anything - to which my recruiter said "the Navy" told [recruiters] not to PRT any applicants.

Does anyone know how this may play out for me? Thanks.

hmmm, never had to give any of my applicants a PRT for any type of waiver

jander12

pilot
My recruiter had me do the PRT for an age waiver before submitting my application.
hmmm, never had to give any of my applicants a PRT for any type of waiver

Thanks for the replies. I'm more so just curious now because I think this may hold up my application if a rolling board takes place before December. I'm hopeful I'll find out sometime next week - I'll post the outcome.