• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCOIC Gouge for those about to commission as a DCO

LT Rich Santos

Officer in Charge, TAOC Orlando, NTAG Jacksonville
A fellow JO was enlisted on mob somewhere hot and sandy. Got recalled and orders cut short (amended) to come back to CONUS abruptly and swear-in right before the end of FY (30 Sep).

Also, at some point they should start treating you as an ENS (Sel) and not PO1 (or whatever your rate). The CAPT presiding on the IWC DCO Professional Board selected you and it’s his/her recommendation that you become a commissioned officer.
True, but there's sometime more to it than that. This happened with an applicant of mine. When you interview with the Region OIC for his/her endorsement and have not mobilized in your current high demand low density rate for which the Navy has trained you, then the Region OIC will go over the requirement to mobilize before commissioning if the member has not already done so. I'm not making a commentary on whether I believe this is right or wrong (so don't flame me for it), just telling you how it is.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
True, but there's sometime more to it than that. This happened with an applicant of mine. When you interview with the Region OIC for his/her endorsement and have not mobilized in your current high demand low density rate for which the Navy has trained you, then the Region OIC will go over the requirement to mobilize before commissioning if the member has not already done so. I'm not making a commentary on whether I believe this is right or wrong (so don't flame me for it), just telling you how it is.
Check.

I was saying they should start treating you as an ENS (s) for the purposes of keeping you informed and apprised of changes, returning your phone calls, etc. It sounded like the other member’s CoC was being less communicative.

bryanteagle6

Got a call today on my waitlist being confirmed for the next DCOIC class that starts Sunday, that means travel Sat.
Any takers on the ability to actually get the orders done and approved in time?

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Are the requirements built? If so, I'd say its possible as long as you know who to contact each step of the process. I think I had modified orders approved in 72hrs, but only because I know who was responsible for each step and called the minute it dropped in their queue.

bryanteagle6

Nope. They had all day to work on it and there still isnt anything in NROWS. 2 days left. Of course it is drill weekend so they might be working saturday too

Goodfou

If you are local, I highly recommend harassing them (the NOSC) in person. The NROWS orders (after they are built) should have a routing list showing who has it. You will need to contact each one to keep it moving. Bottom line, you will only get it done if you are annoying everyone in the chain to sign it. Don’t worry about that though. The sooner you get this done, the sooner you can get out of the NOSC and on to your real training/job.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nope. They had all day to work on it and there still isnt anything in NROWS. 2 days left. Of course it is drill weekend so they might be working saturday too

If it ain’t done by lunchtime today I would start working my way up the chain to (nicely) push for them to get done ASAP. This isn’t your ‘fault’ they got submitted this late so there shouldn't be any push back.

donte9235

"However, ODS split option courses have been developed to more adequately
support civilian professional schedules. A limited number of split option
quotas will be available over two separate training periods throughout the
year." This is very nice to hear.