• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Intel Community Gouge (Bonus: "The Long Blue Wait" in FY09)

dephyler

Contributor
RIAC is no longer the title. When RIA changed to NIRR, RIAC changed to NIRRC. Your recruiter should be in contact with the NIRRC. Is there a reason why you'd want to interview with a NIRRC other than the one where you live? I'm not really following why the NIRRC for the midwest wouldn't be acceptable...

drustynail

I'm going to be spending some time out of town and am having another recruiter assist with my packet while I'm away in order to make the JAN deadline. He's the one that told me the the Midwest RIPO won't do and I need to get the endorsement from the Commander his station works with.

I simply don't understand why if I have been working with the folks in the Midwest and am trying to arrange an interview with the Midwest RIPO why that won't suffice. So I too am not following why the Midwest NIRRC isn't acceptable. Thanks for the afirmation that this doesn't make sense.

At this point I am wondering if I should just wait to get back to the Midwest to complete my packet even if I miss the JAN board instead of having to go through the interviews all over again as instructed by the second recruiter.

dephyler

Contributor
After hearing a lot of varying responses from people about the way their application process has gone, I'm starting to realize that really, it's just one big CF.

I never met with the NIRRC. I met with the OIC of the NIRR (then RIA), but never the NIRRC. If the OIC was acting "by direction," I wouldn't have known, but I guess that anything is possible. I was only ever told that the required endorsements were O-5+, in the community to which you're applying.

With your situation, it sounds like your recruiter has a current working relationship with the Commander of his NIRR. So really, it's not a matter of being valid or not, but easier for him to get interviews scheduled. At least, that's how I see it. Not sure why you'd do the interviews if you already have the endorsements. Did your first recruiter send the forms to the new one? Have you read the endorsements? Is the recruiter trying to do you a favor because the first interviews didn't go as well?

X

xxxCharliexxx

Even if he had a 'poor' interview, don't they have to submit is anyway? That's the purpose behind all of this - a weeding out process. You can't just keep doing interview after interview until one sees you as favorable. If so, I see that as a major flaw in the system. ALL interviews should stand - good, bad, or indifferent. And if are the one that keeps getting poor interviews and needing to seek out others, do us all a favor and pick another profession.

Not trying to be harsh at all and I understand all situations are different. But these processes are in place for a reason.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
I got tabled back in SEP for lack of one, it was a new requirement that my recruiter was unaware of.
A NIRR OIC endorsement has always been a requirement; or at least it has been since when I started looking at this program back in mid-2008. Please note: a recruiter can submit a package to the board without a NIRR OIC endorsement, although I have no idea why they would.

drustynail, so let me try to understand and please correct me if I am wrong. You live within the Midwest NIRR and are working with a Midwest Navy Reserve Officer recruiter, but will be traveling outside of the Midwest and want to re-touch your tabled package with another recruiter that is located within another NIRR?

No offense, but this sounds like a recipe for failure, especially since your current recruiter did not even know that a NIRR OIC endorsement was a requirement.

drustynail

Midwest and want to re-touch your tabled package with another recruiter that is located within another NIRR?
No offense, but this sounds like a recipe for failure, especially since your current recruiter did not even know that a NIRR OIC endorsement was a requirement.

Short answer: YES/NO. Live in the Midwest. Midwest recruiter did not know about the NIRR OIC endorsement. Sent packet w/o and got tabled due to lack of one.
I'm heading outside of the Midwest possibly for the rest of FY2010 and the NEW recruiter in the NEW NIRR was asked to assist me during this period. However, he is telling me to redo all of my interviews even though I only need the NIRR OIC endorsement to wrap up my tabled packet. When I pressed him as to why on Friday he admitted that he hasn't reviewed my packet...

xxxCharliexxx said:
Even if he had a 'poor' interview, don't they have to submit is anyway? That's the purpose behind all of this - a weeding out process. You can't just keep doing interview after interview until one sees you as favorable. If so, I see that as a major flaw in the system. ALL interviews should stand - good, bad, or indifferent. And if are the one that keeps getting poor interviews and needing to seek out others, do us all a favor and pick another profession.
xxxCharliexxx said:
Not trying to be harsh at all and I understand all situations are different. But these processes are in place for a reason.

Again, I didn't get tabled due to poor interviews but rather because my packet was incomplete when submitted in SEP. I wasn't rejected nor did I get poors but instead was asked to complete my missing endorsement.

Being truthful is not being harsh. If I can't hack your comment, Charlie, then I got no business continuing to be in the community.

Overall, I fell like my packet is turning into a CF. My understanding about being tabled is that I have to complete the packet and resubmit the SAME one to get a YES/NO response. Please let me know if I'm off target on this.The NEW guy, nonetheless is making it sound like I need to start a brand new packet altogether. This is why I checking in to see if it jived making me redo my entire interviews and packet just because I'm in a diff NIRR. I got a face to face coming up with the new recruiter. We'll see if that clears things up.

X

xxxCharliexxx

Ok, I misunderstood. My situation is strikingly the same. The first time my packet went up, it was missing my transcript and the ever important RIPO. I was told that these were the reasons why I wasn't selected. I was told that I had a strong packet otherwise but without required documents, no go...period. I changed recruiters but stayed in the same region (different state). I was soon moving to another region so I wanted to get before the board again before I moved out of the region - oddly enough, because I was afraid of getting caught in the situation you are in now.

I got on top of things myself. I submitted the missing documents that they required and was selected. When you re-submit, only additional documents are uploaded...not the full packet again. They already have your previous submission and really just want to see if you give them what you lacked in the previous submission. As long as the boxes are checked and everything that the board requires is present, you are fine.

That being said, IF you are changing regions permanently (not temporarily) then I recommend starting fresh with new interviews. IF you are only in another region temporarily, go get a flight and grab that last RIPO and be done with it. The RIPO will email it/fax it to your new recruiter.

From my understanding when I was going through it, the regional thing is difficult. If you moved into another region and don't update the paperwork prior to submission, some detailers see it as refusing to follow the procedures and changing regions. If you are going into one region, your interviews and recruiter should be for that region.

Anyway, I hope this helped. I moved right after the selection board met so I stayed in one region but worked with another recruiter to finish things up for me. I get to do all the shuffling now to move to a new region but I'm glad I didn't do it prior to the selection board.

Best of luck to you.

Devil Duck

My recruiter received the PQ letter one day after my completed physical was submitted.

I'm waiting like the rest.

CS278- Are you Intel? Did you do your interviews in Atlanta by any chance? I'm trying to figure out if any of the others interviewed in August were selected.

campbellsoup278

My recruiter received the PQ letter one day after my completed physical was submitted.

I'm waiting like the rest.

CS278- Are you Intel? Did you do your interviews in Atlanta by any chance? I'm trying to figure out if any of the others interviewed in August were selected.

I did my interviews in different places. First was in Huntsville, second was in Atlanta and the last was in Chattanooga. I am a DCO Intel professionally recommended for the Sept board.

cdb26

Looks like this is the more appropriate threat to post my question...I'd previously noted that I will be relocating to another country with my company. Unfortunately, it's going to happen before I can get my interviews out of the way (NIO). Will it be possible to schedule phone interviews in lieu of face-to-face or meet with intel officers in that country (I believe there is an intel reserve center where I will be going)

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Will it be possible to schedule phone interviews in lieu of face-to-face or meet with intel officers in that country (I believe there is an intel reserve center where I will be going)
Should be doable. If there is an Intel reserve center in the country to which you are moving, why not do face-to-face interviews?

bucki4lyfe

Michigan Sucks
dephyler said:
If you want PAO, apply PAO. The worst that can come of it is that they say 'no.' You can apply to intel as well. None of the non-prior DCOs in my NIRR that I've met thus far have any gov intel experience. One guy has some business intel experience, but that's it.

Agree with Dephyler. Pick what you want and go for it. I happen to be one of many people in my NIRR who have gov intel experience, but that's because it's DC...outside of the area, you'll be hard-pressed to find it. Best of luck.

3912DCO

Sounds to me like your recruiter was trying to steer you down a road where you were more likely to get selected, as there have typically been more open 1635 billets than 1655. He should have shown you that information and let you make the decision.

I know when I first called a recruiter I was concerned they were going to push me toward Supply (because of my finance background) and I was only interested in Intel. You need to pursue the path that YOU want. Your recruiter should be your advisor and your guide but YOU make the decisions.

If your first choice is 1655, than I would put that on your app and put 1635 second, provided you would be interested in that route. You will have to live with this decision every time you drill and every time you deploy. YOU will have to live with the consequences of that decision, not the recruiter.

A question you may want to ask this new recruiter is, "How competitive will my 1655 package be without an advanced degree in Journalism?" When I interviewed with my RIPO, he told me that better than 90% of those selected for 1635 have, at least, a Masters Degree and many have higher.