• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DC board August-Reserves

number9

Contributor
@number9 i believe we all have the same chance if getting selected. I am not one to single ppl out based on perceived strengths and weaknesses. we all have something to give for the greater cause.
Thank you for the kind wishes! My post was a little tongue-in-cheek, but you're right: we're all bringing something different to the table.

I just heard from my recruiter that the OIC interviews are being brought forward a little bit, so I need to have all of my paperwork in by May 25th. That's not very far away!

I might suggest putting 1825 as your #1, and 1815 as #2.
Most of the items you listed are very hands-on, showcase a deep knowledge of infrastructure.
I keep going back and forth on this.. I will probably end up swapping them as you suggest and going 1825 #1, 1815 #2, and 1835 #3. My OR agrees with you..

@number9 now that is the right attitude and tongue you should have towards this. We will all make it and start or continue our service. Looking forward to running into everyone when we get to the DCO course and School

number9

Contributor
Do you mean you submitted your info to your OR? In order for it to be submitted to NRC the panel interviews have to be completed.
Ahh, my mistake: yes, that's what I mean. The deadline to submit everything to my OR was today. Sorry for the confusion

number9

Contributor
Do you mean you submitted your info to your OR? In order for it to be submitted to NRC the panel interviews have to be completed.
According to my OR, it looks like they're doing the OIC interviews before panel. I think this is a little unusual?

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
According to my OR, it looks like they're doing the OIC interviews before panel. I think this is a little unusual?
Nope. Par for the course.

Know your package, and know your responses going into it. If you are unable to confidently speak to the details of your own life, well... let's just say that there's always next year.

number9

Contributor
Nope. Par for the course.

Know your package, and know your responses going into it. If you are unable to confidently speak to the details of your own life, well... let's just say that there's always next year.
Thanks for the advice, both now and in your previous posts. I got pretty good at talking about my package (;)) during the business school application process, so hopefully those skills come in handy with this!

How do the OIC and panel interviewers compare?

many do the OIC and panel at the same time, the OIC is just part of the panel.
No worries. The OIC dates seem to have got pulled forward so that they can interview as many people as possible virtually before they declare COVID over and go back to physical interviews.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
How do the OIC and panel interviewers compare?
The OIC interview is basically a 'gentle' scrub of the facts of your package and general motivation for applying.

The panel (or 1v1) interview is more of, are you qualified to be here, why should we consider investing a significant amount of $$ into your training (i.e. what does the Community get out of the deal). Throw in some situational stuff for good measure, and that's a wrap.

You should be able to answer every question during the OIC piece.

Even if you don't have an answer for the panel, tap-dance, take notes and follow-up with a response.

exNavyOffRec

The OIC interview is basically a 'gentle' scrub of the facts of your package and general motivation for applying.

The panel (or 1v1) interview is more of, are you qualified to be here, why should we consider investing a significant amount of $$ into your training (i.e. what does the Community get out of the deal). Throw in some situational stuff for good measure, and that's a wrap.

Even if you don't have an answer for the panel, tap-dance, take notes and follow-up with a response.

An good thing for candidates to be aware of is how their NRD works with the panel and OIC interview given some are done at once and some are done separate, also how long until they complete the appraisal on the candidate, many we dealt with had the paperwork done right away, they would interview then have a 30 min break during which they would fill out the appraisals, at the end of the day they were given to the recruiting personnel.

number9

Contributor

Got it, thank you! This was very helpful.

An good thing for candidates to be aware of is how their NRD works with the panel and OIC interview given some are done at once and some are done separate, also how long until they complete the appraisal on the candidate, many we dealt with had the paperwork done right away, they would interview then have a 30 min break during which they would fill out the appraisals, at the end of the day they were given to the recruiting personnel.
I need to call my OR today to say "thank you" for putting my application in, so I'll ask what the next steps are from an NRD perspective. Plus I still have to go to MEPS...

number9

Contributor
Turns out I'm in the September board, not the August board. Oops! Packets are due to NRC on the August 13 and the board convenes on September 20. My OIC will be sometime this week or next, and my panel interview is the weekend of June 5-6! ?