• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CV Marshal stack question

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Here is a nice little marshall stack story:

There we were ... one night in the marshall stack ... with three carriers operating in the Tonkin Gulf at the same time airspace and ship maneuvering water was limited. It seemed that every other time we would turn back in towards the ship (away from the beach), we would get a “singer low” on the RHAW gear. Back on deck we plotted out that the marshall stack extended into a known SAM envelope! Needless to say, we both stayed awake in marshall that night!
YARHAM / HOUSE VA-52,1972

Of course, when operating in the Gulf, everyone is in an envelope.:eek:

montellv

Professional Badguy
pilot
Brett1,
Next time you shoot a Case III approach to the boat, please promise me you won't use this outdated version of the CV NATOPS as a reference. :)

Brett1

Banned
You have to understand that I am very appreciative of the responses that I recieve here. I have a huge interest in naval aviation, and always have. I try to not ask dumb questions but the very fundamental stuff doesnt always click for outsiders. I sat last night and listened to the LSO audio and my wife thinks that I am losing my marbles. I try to explain to her that although I may never be able to join the ranks of you guys there is no reason that I cannot pursue a firm intellectual understanding of all aspects of naval jet aviation, or at least the ones I can grasp.

After a hard day of counseling strippers on their legal rights there is nothing more refreshing than educating myself on Naval Aviation, and getting answers from the guys that actually are out there doing it. As a token of my appreciation I will extend the offer to introduce you to my clients in the workplace and you will get to see what they do first hand..... and when you slide into their groove you will probably call the ball more than once.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
After a hard day of counseling strippers on their legal rights there is nothing more refreshing than educating myself on Naval Aviation, and getting answers from the guys that actually are out there doing it. As a token of my appreciation I will extend the offer to introduce you to my clients in the workplace and you will get to see what they do first hand..... and when you slide into their groove you will probably call the ball more than once.
Please tell me you work for Monz Venus.....:D

homer_drooling.jpg

doubledeuce

Tartan
None
Please tell me you work for Monz Venus.....:D

As a public service to everyone that will eventually visit Tampa, it's Mons Venus. Just want to make sure no one misses it if they look it up in the yellow pages.

Such fond memories of the Mons. Especially when I had to go there to stock and service the coffee machine. That was easily the best stocked and smoothest operating coffee machine on the route.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
...... After a hard day of counseling strippers on their legal rights there is nothing more refreshing than educating myself on Naval Aviation....
We're not all that different, actually ... as after a hard day of counseling STUDs in Naval Aviation or surviving another day at a weapons det in Fallon, there was nothing more refreshing than educating ourselves on strippers ... :)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We're not all that different, actually ... as after a hard day of counseling STUDs in Naval Aviation or surviving another day at a weapons det in Fallon, there was nothing more refreshing than educating ourselves on strippers ... :)

Ahh, the memories...Lazy B, Salt Wells, both minutes away at Fallon to continue our educational experience...gone, but not forgotten for the old salts

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
But there is so much else you can do there. At what other club do the girls say "do you want to play with me?" instead of "would you like a dance?" And mean it....:D

My info is dated, but the last I heard, Hillsborough County passed a 6 foot rule.