• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Custom Painted Flight Jacket: This is what one looks like.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
OMG who authorized him to have a tail hook point.?

@SynixMan

Lol I think you missed my point. I love all the shit people have acquired. Just some of it may not have been through strictly legal means and I don’t want anyone to get in trouble.

robav8r

None
Contributor
But seriously. He has 0.
I was an LDO, flying with VS-31 on the STENNIS cruise in '98. Got 126 traps (I know who's counting, or gives a shit). Thought it was humorous, among other things, that I received a "Centurion" Patch during CAG-7 quarters. That was the beginning of the "how many traps does your helmet bag have?" joke fest . . . . .

Python

pilot
Contributor
I was an LDO, flying with VS-31 on the STENNIS cruise in '98. Got 126 traps (I know who's counting, or gives a shit). Thought it was humorous, among other things, that I received a "Centurion" Patch during CAG-7 quarters. That was the beginning of the "how many traps does your helmet bag have?" joke fest . . . . .

Those jokes have not stopped. They’re also not jokes.

I also think those things have been said long before 1998!

AIRMMCPORET

Plan “A” Retired
Lol I think you missed my point. I love all the shit people have acquired. Just some of it may not have been through strictly legal means and I don’t want anyone to get in trouble.

In my thirty years I’ve seen way worse things done than going away souvenirs etc...

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Let’s be honest, Wikipedia put it best:

Carter accumulated 6,150 flight hours in the back seat of F-4, F-14, and F/A-18 aircraft during his career and safely accompanied pilots in 2,016 carrier-arrested landings, the record among all active and retired U.S. Naval Aviation designators.

giphy.gif

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
In my thirty years I’ve seen way worse things done than going away souvenirs etc...

We all have. But that doesn't mean that certain people aren't keeping a lookout for other people that have such souvenirs. What a good MMCPO can acquire for certian individuals is different than what people consider "okay." That was Synix's point/concern.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Well, if they're not jokes, they're definitely a great way to spot insecure single seat pilots . . . :rolleyes:

dVxVznj.gif

Maybe. But when was the last time a WSO/ECMO/RIO was attrited from the FRS because their pilot couldn't land so well on the boat?

"Call the ball- get the qual" was the patch the WSO's in my RAG class wanted to make. The idea was shot down, as our class RWSOs were already in trouble for backseat bombing on live day (or trying to at least). But someone should still do it!