• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

custom flight bag?

torpedo0126

I know this was in a thread somewhere, but I couldn't find it very easily under search...

I could have sworn there was a link posted for some place in Meridian or Kingsville (not exactly sure) that made custom flight bags? I'm not even sure if they are called flight bags, but they looked like double sided backpacks. The store had really cool things, from sports teams to just some really ridiculous designs.

Sorry for my ignorance, I'm starting primary shortly and don't have much of a knowledge base.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Yeah there is a guy here who will make them to order. They are pretty generic nav/map bags, and he will do whatever color combo or insignia that you want. I actually just ended up ordering the horizontal style bag from Wings but I know plenty of people who have purchased the custom ones. I'm sure anyone up here could hook you up if you were really interested and fronted the cash.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Wow, there is a website and everything. That would have made "ordering" a little easier, since I could never seem to catch the guy when he was on his shift

torpedo0126

what caught my eye was the sports team bags. i would love to get a cubs/blackhawks one...or if he's talented enough, both.

Bevo16

pilot
what caught my eye was the sports team bags. i would love to get a cubs/blackhawks one...or if he's talented enough, both.

Make sure you put it in a prominent position for your first brief. I am sure that your IP will be really impressed with your man purse. NOTHING says "well prepared" like custom made flight gear. :sleep_125

xmid

pilot
Contributor

Why not try to look like a professional aviator and leave the cubs/blackhawks designs for your pillows and comforter. I'm sure it will impress the ladies as much as a custom nav bag would impress IP's...:D

Seriously though... Your helmet bag will be more than enough until you get to RI's in the last month or two of primary. And even then a small nav bag works fine.

UMichfly

pilot
None
Why not try to look like a professional aviator and leave the cubs/blackhawks designs for your pillows and comforter. I'm sure it will impress the ladies as much as a custom nav bag would impress IP's...:D

Seriously though... Your helmet bag will be more than enough until you get to RI's in the last month or two of primary. And even then a small nav bag works fine.

Might want to take a road trip up here and see how many people are carrying nav bags made by Paul...many with some sort of logo on them. Even professional aviators have 'em. :eek: They work very well in the T-45 (there's a shocker...he designed 'em for the clown jet). That being said, I wouldn't suggest torpedo get one because it's probably not going to fit so well in a T-6...unless it's that vastly different from the turboweiner.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
Definitely wouldn't fit in a T-6.

Also, even though I don't know a shit ton about pilot training, I'd think you wouldn't need more pubs than you could fit on a leg strap until you get to instrument training, and then you might only need a few approach plates that you could fit in the map cases.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
thanks guys, thats exactly what i was looking for. you can order them online it looks like.

Completely and horribly gay...nothing says motivated like a designer pub bag...you will fit right in with those jokers in Meridian and Kingsville (I love you pointy nose guys!)

UMichfly

pilot
None
Completely and horribly gay...nothing says motivated like a designer pub bag...you will fit right in with those jokers in Meridian and Kingsville (I love you pointy nose guys!)

You're only saying that because your wife told you to...and because as a 3P, I envision you being a walking pub bag (albeit not as "designer") for the other bubbas in the cockpit ;)