• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current Status with Flight School Detailing and Half BAH

I have heard through the grapevine that because of COVID, most of the Primary Flight school orders are only getting authorized to Milton, regardless of preference. I am guessing that this is to reduce the amount of exposure from going through IFS, API and then transitioning to Corpus Christi Primary.

My question is, does anyone have any good gouge on the detailing situation for Ensigns fresh out of commissioning sources? Additionally, for those that do get selected for Primary in Corpus Christi, what is this I hear about getting HALF BAH while in IFS pool, IFS and API?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Additionally, for those that do get selected for Primary in Corpus Christi, what is this I hear about getting HALF BAH while in IFS pool, IFS and API?

It's not "half your BAH," it's BAH2, and is a reduced amount because you're not on PCS (accounting code 100) orders. It's been that way for a long time (though I don't agree with it). There's a couple of threads discussing it.

scissors

Primary - Corpus
what is this I hear about getting HALF BAH while in IFS pool, IFS and API?

Showed up to Pcola May 15th awaiting IFS/API. Everyone I showed up with was told we rate full BAH, our ACC code 342 reflected a PCS here. Not sure where follow on training for primary will be yet.

bunny_0329

Woppin'
pilot
It's not "half your BAH," it's BAH2, and is a reduced amount because you're not on PCS (accounting code 100) orders. It's been that way for a long time (though I don't agree with it). There's a couple of threads discussing it.
Since I arrived here in PCola (October 2019), those arriving on 341 orders were almost immediately transitioned to 342 thus rating the standard Pensacola BAH. I was told by another Ensign in CPC that it was because of the long backup. OP would probably have better insight if he/she has gotten here and since been transitioned for a full PCS.