• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current SNA at Kingsville - Send Questions

FaithByFlight, PMPT, and others currently in Kingsville:

Thoughts on the most reliable barbershop to get a fade on a Sunday?
House of Fades in Corpus right next to Chapala Grill is where I typically go. Theres a few good spots in Kingsville, but the House of Fades here has messed up my cut more than Id like to mention

PMPT

hmm. truth be told most of the time I was in K vegas we were under HPCONC-, so I either just had really long hair or I went to the on base barber José, who actually did a pretty decent job. Not open sundays though i dont think.

Gulfway barbershop, king's barber, or platinum cuts (I think? just off of yorktown) in Corpus all do a decent job. The fade at king's is excellent but they're not great at cutting the rest of it. great people though. 2 of the 3 former Marines.

PMPT

Holy balls, 70 5’s in 12 flights? Or are you including all Sims? ?

lol nah. all of contacts. that being said just doing a good brief and having your knowledge down will usually bring in 2-3 5s per flight. If i got less than 2 5s a flight I was usually pretty annoyed at myself. You can also make some great money instruments. a well flown approach is unambiguously a well-flown approach.

HuggyU2

None
Just saw this thread for the first time.
I'd like to know what percentage of your class got jets.
Thank you.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just saw this thread for the first time.
I'd like to know what percentage of your class got jets.
Thank you.
300px-We_Don%27t_Do_That_Here.jpg

0621 Hertz

I dunno why you would drive all the way to Corpus for a fade

I go to Just a Cut right outside the main gate, military discounts on Tuesdays, ( I go Tuesdays but they are open Sundays) never a line, and they never messed me up.

This is an age old debate. You’re not supposed to worry about grades but everyone does. In primary my onwing kept telling me I was doing well and I felt pretty good about how I was performing. At the end of contacts I compared grades with my roommates and realized I was not at all on track to select what I wanted. I worked a lot harder and by crushing instrument sims I wound up with jet grades.

You’re supposed to always give 100% but it’s not that realistic. It’s human nature to wonder how you’re doing compared to others in a competitive environment.
Did you end up selecting jets