• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current SNA at Kingsville - Send Questions

Hello all,

I have made it through Primary and am currently at Kingsville waiting to start Advanced ground school. If you have any questions about the process to get from OCS to Advanced, please feel free to leave them down below. I will answer to the best of my ability and to what is allowed.

Blue Skies,
Faith

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Enjoy the time off, and enjoy that little jet. There's no better way to spend your mid-20s; the office will still be there when you're older!

Terrypolanco2

Hey Im glad I saw this thread. I am going to OCS as SNA this September and I wanted to study as much as I can. Is there anyway you can send gouges or information to study? Id love to know aviation radio jargon and what they teach in API and Advanced. Thank you and good luck! @FaithbyFlight also your videos are insane helpful haha

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
... Id love to know aviation radio jargon....

As long as you preface every communication with "Aaaaaand...." before you say what you intend to say, you know everything you'll ever need to know about aviation jargon.

Example:

Gamestopper 469:
"And, Ground, this is Gamestopper 469."
Ground: "Gamestopper 469, Ground."
Gamestopper 469: "Aaaand, from Gamestopper 469, I'd like to [request]."
Ground: "Gamestopper 469, Ground, proceed to [requested thing]."
Gamestopper 469: "Aaaaaaaaand Ground, Roger, [readback the thing]."

Meyerkord

pilot
As long as you preface every communication with "Aaaaaand...." before you say what you intend to say, you know everything you'll ever need to know about aviation jargon.

Example:

Gamestopper 469:
"And, Ground, this is Gamestopper 469."
Ground: "Gamestopper 469, Ground."
Gamestopper 469: "Aaaand, from Gamestopper 469, I'd like to [request]."
Ground: "Gamestopper 469, Ground, proceed to [requested thing]."
Gamestopper 469: "Aaaaaaaaand Ground, Roger, [readback the thing]."
My god this hurts me on so many levels

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Even without the “push to think” aspect that’s terrible. Great way to turn three total transmissions into nine.

Ground, Noob123
Noob 123 go ahead
Noob 123, request taxi
Noob 123, where are you
Noob 123, at the noob ramp
Noob 123, confirm you have information alpha
We have alpha
Noob 123, taxi via blah blah blah
Read back

Instead of ground noob123 taxi from noob ramp with alpha

taxi instructions

read back

Don’t get me started on “clearance on request”

SlickAg

pilot
Any chance you can get me an SNA spot there? Asking for an O-4...
They’re desperate for bodies. The base is trying to get guys getting out to stay in and fill some random spots.

If the final fitrep debrief comes and you’re no longer on the golden path, talk to the detailer. There’s always been P-3 (now P-8) and E-6 IPs.