• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current On-Base Housing

PLCOSU

A question for TBS Lt.'s or anyone that recently went through TBS and lived on base (married). I have been getting the run around from the Base Housing office (on the phone) one day a lady told me to fill out the waitlist request form, and another day a guy stated that TBS Lt.'s aren't allowed to live on base (this is what he said) "because you guys are only going to be here for 6 months". And that doesn't make sense.

So, I guess the question(s) are: Is on-base housing available and the best way to attack that issue?

Currently, what are some of the best places to live outside the Onville gate?

Thanks!

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
I only knew one guy to live on base during TBS, and he was on a several month waiting list. You're better off living out in Garrisonville. Lots of dudes lived in Aquia Terrace (or something like that). Might be slightly cheaper if you go north to Dumfries area.

0621girl

I know I know!!! lol. We arent evening bothering with base. Our BAH is high enough that base housing isnt worth it, and also its years away from TBS and you can get something closer for cheaper. Also, the wait is insane and unless you have an EFMP cat4, you would probably be offered a house right around the time you were going to be leaving. :icon_tong

Excellent website: www.apartmentsfredericksburg.com, just scroll down to Stafford County. You can mapquest the address and see how far away it is from the Onville Road gate. Sky Terrace is literally 0.5 miles from the gate, but good luck living there, it it a scary place. I have heard lots of good things about Stafford Pointe, but they seem kind of small. We are looking at Villages of Aquia, but I am waiting til I see them first. Also, there are a huge amount of townhouses to rent if you need something like that. Website that has them all: http://homes.longandfoster.com/Rentals.aspx

Hope that helps. If I can be of any more help, let me know. :)

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Keep one thing in mind ... the closer to Garrisonville you are the happier you will be ... sleep will be at a premium. IMO

SMILE4BULLETS

has anyone ever heard of several LT's going in together and getting a place out in town for the weekends/downtime...you know, like a place to blow off steam and relax. Im reporting to Mike in a few weeks and heard some guys do this from my MOI

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
has anyone ever heard of several LT's going in together and getting a place out in town for the weekends/downtime...you know, like a place to blow off steam and relax. Im reporting to Mike in a few weeks and heard some guys do this from my MOI

I believe you need to be married to live out in town (officially), but your weekend is your own to do what you want. You will not be getting any BAH, but if you have the money and want to spend it, I do not see any reason why you couldnt do it.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Base housing for you is effectively a no-go. Sky Terrace is trouble...closest place to TBS but don't do it. A Lt. recently moved out of there because of break-ins and crime...he even ate the penalty to get out. The places mentioned in the TBS housing threads here are all popular. You'll have some extra money from your BAH if you live in Stafford. That being said, I live way up north.