• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current A-Pool/API students? Pathetic...or The Great Mustin Beach O'Club Thread

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
They're doing a squadron wetting down at some time/place to be confirmed in the future, but this shindig was a quick "have some new bars, have a beer" affair. Our PAO was actually instructed to buy the smallest pony keg he could get his hands on. We had in the nature of 30 promotees.

As for an O'club bash, I suspect (as has been the case in the past) it'd be a case of if you build it, they will come. That said, a weekend might be tougher to entice folks that would already be on base on say a Fri afternoon. Just a thought.

phrogpilot73

That said, a weekend might be tougher to entice folks that would already be on base on say a Fri afternoon. Just a thought.
I guess I should have clarified. A good chunk of the reserve pilots roll into town on Thursday or Friday afternoon... Provided we're not flying goggles, it'd get a better turn out from us on Friday.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
A Friday soiree would likely be a hit. With enough notice, you could pack the joint given the opportunity to hit up all the squadrons (flyers, guilt trips, etc.), the staffs, airlant, etc. Oceana does a decent happy hour, but there's been a pretty decent showing at organized events at Breezy Point in the past.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
*Whine Alert*

New list was posted in Flight Management today. Guess who's tentatively slotted for Vance? *facepalm*

This, a week or so after we were told to come in to the office and tell them our "dream wings." "You'll pretty much get what you want since nobody has theirs in yet."

*End Whine*

On the up-side, I can spend the next couple weeks looking for the up-side!

a-6intruder

Richard Hardshaft
None
That's what you get for advertising our "free" booze. And it ain't "free" - the squadron O'mess is paying for it for squadron folks not the entire Tidewater military population, knucklehead...

Give me a break. I bought the entire Norfolk O'Club one Friday night a few months ago for less than $200, healthy tip included. And that was after NOTAMing the world. You aren't gonna go broke.

Back in the day at Oceana you'd spend more if you lost a couple of rounds of dice.

Open invitation to any AW - I'll buy your first two rounds at any bar you find me in - Thimble Shoals, Breezy Point, Oceana, Shorebreak, Tiki, Sandbridge Raw Bar, Baja, Mustin Beach, etc, etc.

MasterBates

I'll get back to work planning some boozex at NGU as soon as I kill a couple of the alligators that are getting close to my canoe.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Okay Brothers...threadjack, and rally call.

Wear your Aviation Greens.
Rally at the Mustin Beach O-Club, Friday June 5th.
Battle of Midway Commemoration.
Guest Speaker at 1400, Ballroom: Chief Ordnanceman Charles Wheeler, USS Enterprise 1940-1944. Beer and hors d'oeuvres. VT-4(me) is hosting, I'll buy beers for AWG wearers.

Trying to get an airplane from the Museum there too (long shot). Photo in parking lot with said aircraft, hopefully the Dauntless (hey, if you ask, go big) suitable for publication in WOG, Hook, NAN, etc.
After the speech, move to the Bar for more merriment. Open Bar (keg(s)): TBD.
Sunset dedication of a print of Torpedo Eight for the Bar from the Officers of VT-4.

I'm putting the word out to VT-10 and -86 too.

API folks, look for a recommendation from the Director and Skipper to attend.
end threadjack//

ts8.png

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hopefully Abbots will have the AWG jacket done that I ordered back in February. Sheesh.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
I'll be there in (leather) greens, but it'll be tough to make 1400, especially for us Whiting types...I take it this will turn into a standard Friday evening?

This past Friday was pretty good, especially the 86 winging. Certain Air Force girls have really cute sisters. The Griz knows what I'm talking about...well, on second thought, he might not remember that night all that well. Also, winging parties should overlap with random wedding rehearsal dinners whenever possible.

In other news, I ran the 4th of July party idea past the VT-2 PAO the other day and he seems into the idea, says he'll start looking for some options in terms of command support. Other squadrons, I encourage you to do likewise.