• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Crypto school and assignments

Status
Not open for further replies.

twidget

Deskaholic
Random_Guy said:
In our class 3 of the 4 cryptos got overseas assignments. 2 to Japan (including me) and 1 to the UK.

Twidget, what class were you in? And what is your crypto school date?

I was in 18-04. Yes, we indoc'd you. Glad to see you made it through. Congrats on the orders. Guess they saved all the overseas stuff for you guys. :confused:

So is your website back to it's pre-OCS form yet? I can't believe you lied to me about the bugs. :D

I'll be in the 27Oct NCOBC so long as it hasn't been delayed due to the hurricane. Haven't heard anything yet though.

mnp109

Any idea when the next NCOBC course starts, I'm scheduled to graduate OCS in November adn am curious if I'm going to be doing OHARP or stash somewhere for awhile.

twidget

Deskaholic
mnp109 said:
Any idea when the next NCOBC course starts, I'm scheduled to graduate OCS in November adn am curious if I'm going to be doing OHARP or stash somewhere for awhile.

The schedule shows January as the next class date after your graduation. My class graduated the 21st of July. I think we had 3 people in the 7 Sept NCOBC class, the rest of us are going at the end of this month. I think we all had the choice to do OHARP, though some of us went TAD to our final PCS stations prior to going back to P-Cola for NCOBC.

Random_Guy

Mr. Nelson
Haha, you asked me during Indoc, I had no idea what was going on. Anyway, I changed web hosting companies so I can't use the same pages. :) I'll rebuild it one of these days...

I'm in the Jan NCOBC class. That one is full, the 4th cryppie in our class got thrown in the Feb class.

eaw75

update on crypies that want sea duty. I've been told JO billet priorities are being directed to PCS afloat. all O-3 types and below will be placed on sea-duty for their next tour if their last billet was ashore.

Kozo

Ncobc

I am scheduled for NCOBC from 6 January - 10 February 2005. The revised course is 36 days (5 weeks) according to my orders.

ENS Nelson, I guess that I wasn't included in the cryppie numbers. I commission Monday (1 November), then go to LDO Indoc from November - December. I think that I will be the first 6442 LDO to go through NCOBC.

CTIC(SG/AW/NAC) John Doyle

BTW - I think that all cryppie JO billets at sea are actually CWO billets to which the detailer *can* send you. If you are at sea as a JO, you are in a CWO billet.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
cracker said:
What is OHARP?

Officer Hometown Area Recruiting Program:

Basically, you'll get intermediate orders to a recruiting district at no cost to the government i.e. no BAH. That's why it's hometown, so you can live with your parents or whatever. If you had intermediate orders like I did for 3 weeks, I drove up to Jax from orlando once to check in, then once to check out. If you're there for four months, you could be talking to prospects about OCS, shuffling papers, helping out with ROTC interviews etc. It's not a bad deal at all.

Random_Guy

Mr. Nelson
Of course a drawback is sometimes you don't get BAH. It depends on if you check into your command first or not. I'm not getting BAH since my final duty station isn't until Japan. And I came in from civilian status. But I'm helping out w/ NROTC stuff. Fun times.

Status
Not open for further replies.