• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Crypto Board Date

bbell

Greetings Everyone,

As per my Recruiter, the Intel and Crypto boards will meet on July 11. Hopefully we will start hearing about Pro-Recs by the end of that week. Good luck to all applicants.

H60Gunr

I heard that Crypto Officers can be Observers in a VP squadron. How likely would it be to obtain a billet like that?

bbell

H60Gunr,

I've heard the same thing and my understanding is that it is not that uncommon. A while back I also inquired about qualifying as an observer as an Intel Officer. The consensus was that it was possible to earn your observer's wings, but not very likely. I will definitely pursue my observer's qual. if selected. Hopefully I'll get the good news later this week.

Cheers

H60Gunr

bbell,

Upon speaking to my Intel Officer this weekend I found out that they too can be selected for Observer Billets in select aircraft. The Specwar and Human Intel side of the house seems pretty adventurous but so does being in a VP squadron in Rota as an observer. I also heard a rumour about Navy Psy Ops. Hopefully we hear good news by the end of the week.

Good Luck.

H60Gunr

Nice resource. Noticed that particular billet (Psy Ops) was to be filled by an O-4. I liked this one: NSGA FT GORDON/FLIGHT. Looked those were all shore duty billets. Again, I have no idea about sea duty as a Crypto Officer. VP or VQ would be great. Just keeping my fingers crossed.

astrov99

NOT a flyboy
IW officers can deploy surface/subsurface/aviation. The only PCS afloat billet they can occupy are for surface, however. The others are in a Direct Support role.

H60Gunr

If an IW goes aviation, what types of aircraft do IW Officers deploy on or communities are they involved with? What are the odds of getting an aviation billet out of school? Sounds like there are some similarities between IW Officers and Intel Officers.

bbell

H60Gunr,

I have not heard anything yet. I'm guessing that some of the results should be known by the end of this week. Good luck.

astrov99

NOT a flyboy
Yes there are alot of similarities between IW officers and Intel officers. The distinction is often blurred. Think of an IW officer as a bit more technical, and an Intel officer as more of an advisor (aka, power point b***h.) :)

bbell

astrov99,

If you were advising someone who was interested in both IW and Intel, what would you say that would push them in one direction vs. the other?

IT1toOfficer

Class 0606!!! New Ensigns!!! (as of Jan27th)
Hey guys...

I hope we hear something by Friday!!!

Good luck to all of you...It be nice if they accepted all of us.