• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Crushed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ski3

Cya there ceculeis, will be "interesting", hehe.

Adrenaline, you have a high GPA (unlike my 2.7 in Aero Sci), your PRT scores can only go up (although yours are still better then mine), and your ATSB score can only go up as well - I don't know what your age is, but I am guessing you still have time to apply several times. I think its not a question of "if", but rather "when".

Good luck, you will get it.

Jack

Ski3

I actually applied twice as well, although it was a result of a FUBAR.

On my application, I listed SNA first, and NFO second (I really only wanted SNA, but I figured I put NFO down anyway as my 2nd option). My older brother was applying at the same time, and since back then he did not know about the PRK eye surgery, he put down NFO only. Well, somehow our medical files got mixed up (same very "unique" last names), and the Navy told the recruiter that I have no chance for pilot because of my vision, and I got NFO.

Finally, after some digging, the problem was uncovered, and I sent in another application for SNA - this time getting it. My bro later reapplied for SNA as well after getting his PRK, and got it as well.

Just to show you that everyone has setbacks.

Jack

wilsonator

adrenaline,
out of curiosity. did you go to ERAU? if so how did you get a degree in Aero Sci with only a PPL? Just curious. you may start working on a instrument rating if your test scores are good, more flight time couldn't hurt. my gpa, like other people's wasn't as good as yours but the flight time may have made a difference. keep in mind that the guys on the board probably are pilots and know that a good pilot isn't necessarily a 4.0 student so add some other cool stuff to your package and write a kick ass letter of reconsideration, talk it up.
good luck

FLY NAVY!!!

camille

ghost_ttu

on the application when it asked for flight time, I just had a blink and I can't remember how it asked, but I know what I answered on the application. I put each plane that I flew, but I think back and it might have asked for the type. In which case I probably look dumb answering PA38-112 and C-172. Can anyone put my mind at ease on this?

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

Adrenaline Rush

wilson, no i dont go to erau, im in my junior year at farmingdale state (in ny) about a month away from an intsrument rating,,if everything goes as planned i will graduate with a cfi certificate,,but nothing really ever goes as planned!!

grouch

ghost, thats right. It had several blocks for differnt makes and time then total. Now your mind can lead an easy life.

ghost_ttu

ru lying to make me feel better? Or are you pretty confident?

ghost_ttu

which part, it all crosses my mind. If they say no I'm selling everything and going back to school to do rotc.

Adrenaline Rush

i am glad that i have school to worry about now cause that has taken my mind off, i know it would be hard not knowing what will happen, but i think i would still be happy in a 121 or 135 operation , would u consider civil aviation if navy doenst workout

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Hey,

I know that I'm considering civil although I'd much rather a military career. I'm going to keep going with flying until I'm commercially certified and if I haven't gotten into any military branch by that time I will try for a commercial job. Obvioulsy it's much more difficult than I just put but you get the idea. And as far as the military goes ..... the more flight time the better so I figure I'm killing 2 birds with 1 stone. Damn I just love to fly!!

Peace,

-Spin

Status
Not open for further replies.