• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Crushed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost_ttu

Ok, I officially know that I'm gonna be on edge the next few weeks. I just got an email from my recruiter and before I opened it my heart sunk and I got nervous and then though DAMN THAT WAS FAST. But it was just to tell me everything was in order and my package was in TN. uggggggg

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Hey Ghost,

Quick quest ..... what are the new minimums. I just took the test and got 5's across the board and my oar was 47. Do I have a chance?

Thanks

-Spin

Originally posted by ghost_ttu
When you reapply you have to submit a letter of reconsideration. In that letter they want to see improvement in some area. Given your other stats, I would want to see your ASTB scores, I would bet they are below the new minimums. How long ago did you put your application in?

ghost_ttu

Gonna be as nice as possible here Spin. You need to retake the ASTB. Your AQR needs to be a 6 and your PFAR needs to be a 7. Get the marine study guide and study your butt off and look over the arco to get your spacial stuff down. If that was your first time you have to wait 30 days to kick this test's ass.

Adrenaline Rush

what were the old standards,, my recruiter did not even know that vision standards had changed to 20/40,,,,so im willing to bet he let me submit a below minnimum score on the atsb....is it harder to get in when you have to check in the box that u have been rejected

Goliath112

I don't think so rush. getting in after getting rejected doesn't mess your chances up. You probably weren't rejected for not being qualified. There was just too many applications. Anyway the miniumums for the ASTB are low. the official ones are like 3,4,4 AQR, PFAR, FOFAR but the board I guess is looking for 6,7,6. but the official ones ar still low. So you look like you got rejected because of too many applicants. I think that this will actually help you in getting in the next time.

man the wait is killing me

navy101

Being rejected does not hurt your chances of getting in. I was rejected and still got in the second time I applied.

ghost_ttu

You have 6 months to reapply with the same package. Past 6 months you have to get new LOR's, transcripts, PRT, etc.

ghost_ttu

yes, you will have to wait 30 days to retake if it hasn't been that long. Did you find out your scores?

Adrenaline Rush

i took it in july so im good to go for that,,,and no the damn recruiter was out of the office (goes to show he doesnt care too much)...and by the way ghost i'd just like to say your very determined, i really hope you do get accepted, the team attitude here is what drives me to want to try this again

ghost_ttu

Thank you. And the man upstairs will take care of what needs to happen, I just have to meet him halfway and do my part. As for you, you seem very qualified and you have plenty of time so relax, have a good time in school and stay focused you don't have much to worry about it, you will get it eventually. Hopefully I'll see you there
icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.