• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Crunch form

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Rather than shooting for 50 or 70 or whatever, just get to where you can do all 100 w/out stopping...

One good workout is to hold yourself at a 45 degree angle and tense your abs and just hold it as long as you can. If you feel it in your back or your legs, adjust your angle.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
stevo01 said:
My legs start burning(quads) way before my abs do. they give out first. Ive tried everyway you can think of, but still cant max them out.

Yeah, this happens to me, too, and it sucks. My back is fine, my abs are still fine, I just can't get my legs to stay still/tense enough for me to pull against.

shannon

I practice without anyone holding my feet down and when it gets time to take the test, I have no problem doing 80 or so before I have to rest. Then I just rest for a few seconds and keep going. I got 103 on my last test. I just do about 100 or so when I'm watching tv at night. I do them pretty much every night. I also find that doing pushups work my stomach which is nice. :)

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
shannon said:
I also find that doing pushups work my stomach which is nice. :)

Yeah they do, especially doing them after the situps. Another variation of that is to get in pushup position, but instead of being on your hands, put your forearms down on the ground. Try to hold that position for as long as you can, keeping your back straight. The further out you put your arms in front of you, the harder it is on your abs. Putting your arms more under you transfers much of the weight to your arms, but still works the abs. Find the position that works them both.