• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Criminal history reporting to the recruiter?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Hell yeah I hit that bong. As long as its not within a year of me applying why not!
If that is really your attitude, please stay away from anything military or aviation. We don't need dumb asses like you in either profession.

BTW, neither the internet nor this site are anonymous. Some might see it as their duty as officers to ensure your name and comments made it to the Marine OSOs as there is no place in the military for unrepentant drug users. And don't think we don't have the means or ability to make this happen.

Willy P

FY-13 Pilot Applicant
Well Willy P, if you ever become a real Naval Aviator... you may want to rethink... about having a waivered 'bong banger' preflighting/repairing your aircraft???:confused:
BzB

Sadly, I've seen many shipmates get kicked out of the Navy for much worse. Waivers for simple possession charges are much more common than you might think. Actually, I think we are the only branch that will still grant a waiver for drug charges.

exNavyOffRec

Sadly, I've seen many shipmates get kicked out of the Navy for much worse. Waivers for simple possession charges are much more common than you might think. Actually, I think we are the only branch that will still grant a waiver for drug charges.

We do grant waivers for use, but possession is much less frequent, there are just too many people trying to enlist that don't need a waiver, in addition a person that comes in with a law violation waiver is much more likely to not complete their first enlistment.

The other issue is the use/possession issue for enlistment drastically reduces the rates a person can go into.

Willy P

FY-13 Pilot Applicant
We do grant waivers for use, but possession is much less frequent, there are just too many people trying to enlist that don't need a waiver, in addition a person that comes in with a law violation waiver is much more likely to not complete their first enlistment.

The other issue is the use/possession issue for enlistment drastically reduces the rates a person can go into.

I have personally put 4 people in the Navy with marijuana charges and seen many more. The reason I have helped them out is simply because these were kids that grew up around the stuff. I remember one guy who had to drive his mother to the liquor store, and she left her baggy in his car. When the police were questioning him, she ran across the street and hid in Walmart for two hours. The charge was dropped, but as you know it was still a CO waiver.

I didn't comment in this thread to condone his behavior. I was just letting him know that he can still be a part of the Navy. I don't know this kid's background, but with two years of recruiting behind me I have seen some extreme situations.

exNavyOffRec

I have personally put 4 people in the Navy with marijuana charges and seen many more. The reason I have helped them out is simply because these were kids that grew up around the stuff. I remember one guy who had to drive his mother to the liquor store, and she left her baggy in his car. When the police were questioning him, she ran across the street and hid in Walmart for two hours. The charge was dropped, but as you know it was still a CO waiver.

I didn't comment in this thread to condone his behavior. I was just letting him know that he can still be a part of the Navy. I don't know this kid's background, but with two years of recruiting behind me I have seen some extreme situations.

I should have mentioned it really is up to the CO and his views, one of my CO's would essentially give no drug waivers.

Some people will see more some less, depends on the area, I remember the recruiters in one area telling me they would see so many kids with MIP/MIC, poss of MJ charges because the only thing there was to do in that area was drink, smoke dope, and fxxk.