• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CPR Take it.

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
I just want to let everyone on here know the importance of being current in CPR; even if you are current and don't remember too well, take it again.

My 19 month old son fell in an icy cold pond yesterday. His older brother (5) saw it happen and told us immediately. I found him not breathing floating in the pond. I had taken CPR three weeks ago and enough of it stuck where I got the water out of him and got him breathing again. We think he was only in there for a few minutes but I am sure during that time that he was with Jesus for a bit before he came back to us.

I thank God that my son is still alive and I want to maybe help somebody else out here be prepared to help others as well; go get requaled. For all 0-2 and below that's an order, everybody else take it as brotherhood.

R/

Steve

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Holy #&$^!

Glad he's alright. I can't imagine...having to use CPR at all scared the hell out of me afterwords and I'd never met the person before. My best to everyone.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Glad he's OK! I hope I never have to use the knowledge, but I'm glad I have it just in case.

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
It's really wonderful to hear that your son is ok and that you were able to bring him back. As a volunteer Firefighter, we respond to aid with manpower on all CPR calls that the Rescue Squad goes on, and I have never seen anyone be revived through CPR. I've been on many. Not that CPR doesn't work, but it's your last hope of reviving someone who's stopped breathing so basically if you have to perform CPR the situation is extremely grim. This is nothing less than a miracle for you, I'm sure, God definitely had his hand on you and your baby that day!

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just want to let everyone on here know the importance of being current in CPR; even if you are current and don't remember too well, take it again.

My 19 month old son fell in an icy cold pond yesterday. His older brother (5) saw it happen and told us immediately. I found him not breathing floating in the pond. I had taken CPR three weeks ago and enough of it stuck where I got the water out of him and got him breathing again. We think he was only in there for a few minutes but I am sure during that time that he was with Jesus for a bit before he came back to us.

I thank God that my son is still alive and I want to maybe help somebody else out here be prepared to help others as well; go get requaled. For all 0-2 and below that's an order, everybody else take it as brotherhood.

R/

Steve
Holy sh!t. Glad to hear he's ok. To expand on what you said, there is a course for infant CPR and adult CPR. I recommend people take both. They are not the same thing.

East

东部
Contributor
Thank God he's OK.
Good job man, have CPR under my belt as well and hope to use it someday "so that others may live" (I know, it's an Air Force phrase...)

usmcmeg24

he got helos!
Thank you so much for the post! Even though I don't have kids, I want to make sure I know how to administer CPR!

I'm glad he's ok!!

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
Thank God he's OK.
Good job man, have CPR under my belt as well and hope to use it someday "so that others may live" (I know, it's an Air Force phrase...)

Believe me, you don't want to ever have to use it. (We all know what you meant though)

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Rocky,

Glad your son is OK. I'll jump on the reccommending CPR bandwagon. Its a great tool to have in your back pocket.

Dalamara

It's really wonderful to hear that your son is ok and that you were able to bring him back. As a volunteer Firefighter, we respond to aid with manpower on all CPR calls that the Rescue Squad goes on, and I have never seen anyone be revived through CPR. I've been on many. Not that CPR doesn't work, but it's your last hope of reviving someone who's stopped breathing so basically if you have to perform CPR the situation is extremely grim. This is nothing less than a miracle for you, I'm sure, God definitely had his hand on you and your baby that day!

That's been my experience as well... CPR is the last ditch effort to keep someone alive, and if you need to use it they're in some pretty serious trouble. The psychological impact of losing someone that you were performing CPR on would be terrible...

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Wow, Lt that is terrible news to hear that your son ever came that close. Good thing you used your training and composure to get down to work. Glad to hear everything turned out ok.

I lifeguard at the University's pool. So far I have only had 2 saves, but each time it defintely gets the heart going. The scariest of the two being a seizure. Being trainined and knowing how to act under pressure are defintely good life skills. Good thing that you obviously have them.

GMan1976

Banned
Inappropriate. Even I bit my atheistic tongue.

Brett

ok, ok, fine. but the entirety of my post was not inappropriate.

Basically the post was: Thank goodness your son's ok. I keep current on my CPR quals b/c you never know when you'll need them.. Good job.

*************************deleted***************************