• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CPR Take it.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Glad to hear your child is OK

Congratulations that your son is alive...that is the most important thing. Being in that situation and not having the training to assist your child would be devastating! And the water being icy helps....

From the American Heart Association Website.
"If the drowning occurs in icy (<5°C [41°F]) water, hypothermia may develop rapidly and provide some protection against hypoxia. Such effects, however, have typically been reported only after submersion of young victims in icy water.."
Also, I think that the stats for someone coming back from CPR (rescue breathing + chest compressions due to no pulse and no breathing) are slim...the stats for someone coming back from rescue breathing alone (there is a pulse, but no breathing) are good if I remember from my CPR course.

"so that others may live" (I know, it's an Air Force phrase...)
Coast Guard phrase...stolen by the Air Farce.:(

Cate

Pretty much invincible
(Holding it in... Holding it in... Holdingitinholdingitinholdingitinholding)

GMan, you are a dick of the highest order. Seriously, I haven't seen anyone - anyone - on this forum whose screen name is a more consistent predictor of tactlessness, tastelessness, and uninformed all-around idiocy to follow. I'm not terribly familiar with the aviation threads, but I know that in general threads I have not seen a single post from you that has contributed in any positive way to the discussion at hand. You make us all slightly more stupid by your very presence.

(Ahhh...)

RockyMtnNFO, I'm so glad your son is okay. I've been meaning to get CPR training just to know how to do it, and this just reminds me how important it is that I do so sooner rather than later. Best wishes to your family.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
(Holding it in... Holding it in... Holdingitinholdingitinholdingitinholding)

GMan, you are a dick of the highest order. Seriously, I haven't seen anyone - anyone - on this forum whose screen name is a more consistent predictor of tactlessness, tastelessness, and uninformed all-around idiocy to follow. I'm not terribly familiar with the aviation threads, but I know that in general threads I have not seen a single post from you that has contributed in any positive way to the discussion at hand. You make us all slightly more stupid by your very presence.

(Ahhh...)

If we had an awesome users list, you would be added after that post ;)

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
GMan, have some tact. I imangine that RockyMtnNFO has been through enough without your comments.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Steve, thank god that your older son was with him, and did the right thing in getting to you quickly. I can't imagine the emotional roller coaster you and your family went through! But thankfully everything turned out ok.

All the best to you and your family,

John

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
Thank you, everybody for your concern and your posts.

By the Grace of God,I did not see GMan's post before it was mercifully deleted. Pobably wouldn't have bugged me too much. I am so thankfull that little Finn is alive I think I could take just about anything right now.

I thought I had it together but everytime I tell the story I get choked up; especially when I called the HM3 that gave me the training earlier this month to thank him and let him know how important his work is.

I hope the nightmares end soon but I don't even have to be asleep to see those little blue eyes and those blue lips staring motionless at me; I suppose that will go away in time. Doc says he's great, no problems. He can pretty much get away with anything he wants right now.

Thanks for the support. Apply early and often, go buy a gun, Air Force sucks, SWO's eat their young, A4's is right, live by the gouge-die by the gouge etc. etc.

R/

Steve

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Steve,
Like everyone said, thank God that you had the the training. I'm sorry that you had to have that nightmare in your life. It scares the sh*t out of me when I picture myself and my son in the situation. You were blessed that day.

My Hopes and Prayers are with you and your family!

-HooverPilot

gagirl

Steve,

Glad to hear he's ok and you had the knowledge to do what you did. Also, kudos to your 5 yr old for knowing not to try and save him, but to run for help. It sounds like you've got a great family. Glad everyone's ok. Hopefully the nightmare's will lessen over time. Give the kids big hugs!