• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
The mortgage market tanked on last Thursday. Rates are back up in the high 3s and low 4s. I was looking at a refinancing sub 3 on Wednesday waiting on the final approval to lock. Now I have the approval by have to start waiting on the rates.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
The mortgage market tanked on last Thursday. Rates are back up in the high 3s and low 4s. I was looking at a refinancing sub 3 on Wednesday waiting on the final approval to lock. Now I have the approval by have to start waiting on the rates.

A few days ago my buddy had signed for a home purchase with 2.75 (not locked). The next day, the offered rates shot to 4.8. My lender was able to get him 3.375 locked.

Madness.

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
Anybody else see the footage of Brazil having their helicopter crews air taxi up and down the beaches to deter people from laying out? Pretty damn effective! It also could have been the guy with the Machine gun harnessed up in the back too.

Hello FL...are you paying attention?

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Anyone currently smart in the mortgage realm think now is a good time to lock in a decent (but not as good as two weeks ago) rate? Or would you wait and ride it out for a couple of months? I'm leaning towards waiting...

I refi'ed the first week of March, then it dropped a half point the next day. I wouldn't try and time the market, 2.9-3.5% is still better than histotical rates.

Sam I am

pilot
Contributor
For the lucky folks who got 2.75% good on you! Man that's awesome! I'm a little confused why the FED dropping the rate to 0% hasn't translated to the marketplace? Can someone explain that?

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
For the lucky folks who got 2.75% good on you! Man that's awesome! I'm a little confused why the FED dropping the rate to 0% hasn't translated to the marketplace? Can someone explain that?

So many people have tried to refinance that the lenders are overwhelmed. They raised the rates to slow the applications. Also a lot of the industry is shutdown, not allowing for title checks, slowing the entire process to a halt.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
[/QUOTE]

After talking with my mortgage broker this evening, I decided to lock in on that 2.75%, even if it is going to cost me $5500 in points. We'll be in the house for the next 10 years, I can afford it, and I'd be stupid to turn down a sub 3% rate. I'm bummed that I missed the lottery that was two weeks ago- where I could get this rate with nothing paid in points- but oh well. I'll never have to refinance for a better rate, so there's that.

Sam I am

pilot
Contributor
I've been hawking the rates as well. It's frustrating for everyone as they'll swing above and below the starting point several times in a day.

Rugby_Guy

Livin on a Prayer
pilot
I got lucky with a 2.875. My loan officer sent me a text Mar 3 recommending I lock. I kicked around waiting, because people were talking about it dipping down to 2.625 or so. Thank god she hit me with the “now is not the time to be greedy. I HIGHLY recommend you lock this in.”