• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Nope, but getting one does not make one infallible as several have proven.

Kary Mullis' denial that HIV causes AIDS wasn't a one-off claim and isn't something that was discovered to be wrong with the benefit of hindsight but a contrarian view that was known to be wrong for the entire time he made the claim, which from what I can find he never changed up until his death.
It’s also completely irrelevant

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
So real world example/question. We had guys on the tarmac ready to board a flight to go down range, all vaccinated. Someone popped positive on the rapid test and everyone had to ROM for 2 weeks. Then they tried again 2 weeks later, quess what, another positive. So they wasted a MONTH in ROM. I'm not sure how being vaccinated helped their readiness in this case. God forbid we have an actual conflict during COVID, we wouldn't be able to get out of our own way.
Clearly it didn't, but less so because the vaccine is not infallible, and more so because people are still acting like it's last year. The risk of one individual passing COVID to the others is far lower than if nobody was vaccinated, and the risk that any of them have severe reactions is lower still. Pretty unlucky to have two cases in a group of fully vaccinated people, but I'm willing to bet neither of them had severe reactions, if they even had symptoms in the first place.

I think we're all in violent agreement that most of us are already at pretty low risk for severe reactions, even before getting vaccinated. Now that most of the force is also vaccinated, we all just need to move on.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Now that most of the force is also vaccinated, we all just need to move on.

This will definitely not happen unless more people start saying “Let’s go Brandon” on guard. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, just like taking off your shoes before you go through the body scanner at the airport, COVID theater is here to stay. Too many jobs already depend on it.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Clearly it didn't, but less so because the vaccine is not infallible, and more so because people are still acting like it's last year. The risk of one individual passing COVID to the others is far lower than if nobody was vaccinated, and the risk that any of them have severe reactions is lower still. Pretty unlucky to have two cases in a group of fully vaccinated people, but I'm willing to bet neither of them had severe reactions, if they even had symptoms in the first place.

I think we're all in violent agreement that most of us are already at pretty low risk for severe reactions, even before getting vaccinated. Now that most of the force is also vaccinated, we all just need to move on.
Shut up and get ready for your boosters

SlickAg

pilot
I’d ask why this hasn’t gotten more media coverage today but then I’d probably get in some sort of trouble.

“An investigation by the New York State Assembly Judiciary Committee has found that former Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo’s administration “materially misrepresented” the extent of deaths that occurred in nursing homes in the early months of the coronavirus pandemic, according to an assemblyman who reviewed the report.

The assemblyman, Phil Steck, a Democrat who represents Colonie, N.Y., said that the report’s findings would have been enough to begin impeachment proceedings against Mr. Cuomo, had he remained in office.”

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I’d ask why this hasn’t gotten more media coverage today but then I’d probably get in some sort of trouble.

“An investigation by the New York State Assembly Judiciary Committee has found that former Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo’s administration “materially misrepresented” the extent of deaths that occurred in nursing homes in the early months of the coronavirus pandemic, according to an assemblyman who reviewed the report.

The assemblyman, Phil Steck, a Democrat who represents Colonie, N.Y., said that the report’s findings would have been enough to begin impeachment proceedings against Mr. Cuomo, had he remained in office.”

Killing people and covering it up isn’t as bad as making suggestive remarks. The science has been settled on that for a long time.

taxi1

pilot
Starting from “the science is settled; they’re 100% effective”
There was a time when we had our fingers crossed that we would get 50% effectiveness with these vaccines, and were ready to declare success if we did.

SlickAg

pilot
There was a time when we had our fingers crossed that we would get 50% effectiveness with these vaccines, and were ready to declare success if we did.
You mean like this?

So where are we putting our faith now? Lockdowns like in Austria, for both vaccinated and unvaccinated alike? Didn’t we try that already? Seems like it’s been a thing for over a year and a half now...

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot

In what world would 50% have ever been good enough? 90% sure wasn’t.

Just like the “war on terror”, an outside risk to most of us is the best scapegoat to unite your political base enough to keep power. But our biggest threat is still what it always was: each other.

taxi1

pilot
In what world would 50% have ever been good enough? 90% sure wasn’t.
Because it is a tool in the fight.

100% of the people getting a 50% effective vaccine is the equivalent of 50% of the people getting a 100% effective vaccine. So in some ways we’re there.