• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

SlickAg

pilot
85% of COVID-19 patients in this study reported “always” or “often” wearing a mask.

So...Americans are wearing masks, and STILL getting the virus.

Sounds like masks don’t matter as much as “we” thought.

SteveHolt!!!

pilot
85% of COVID-19 patients in this study reported “always” or “often” wearing a mask.

So...Americans are wearing masks, and STILL getting the virus.

Sounds like masks don’t matter as much as “we” thought.

Did you even read the page? It says that going to places where you can’t effectively wear masks, like restaurants, is a significant risk factor. It specifically recommends wearing masks and finding ways to better control places where you can’t.

SlickAg

pilot
Did you even read the page? It says that going to places where you can’t effectively wear masks, like restaurants, is a significant risk factor. It specifically recommends wearing masks and finding ways to better control places where you can’t.
I’d ask you if you saw the actual report with the test group and the control group comparison by doing more than just “reading the page”, but the answer is clearly no.

But thank you for proving my point for me. If you don’t wear a mask ALL the time, Wearing. A. Mask. Doesn’t. Do. Anything.

Far and away, it’s still spread at home more than anyplace else.

So as a society we need to decide to either spend the rest of our lives in masks (including at home), or come up with another plan.

“The study offers insight into the reality that tens of thousands of Americans are acquiring COVID-19 on a daily basis despite overwhelming adherence to mask wearing. Masks simply aren’t working to “slow the spread” or “stop the spread.” The study also dismisses “public health experts’” claims from individuals such as Dr. Anthony Fauci and others that Americans are not following the guidance being disseminated by the CDC and other disease control agencies.

Americans are following the CDC guidance. It’s just not working.

As you can see in the screenshot below, the symptomatic group (left) mirrors the control group (right). The study fails to provide any evidence that COVID-19 infection protection is associated with mask wearing. In fact, given the lack of separation between the symptomatic group and the control group, it provides evidence that masks do absolutely nothing to stop the spread of COVID-19.”

Last edited:

SlickAg

pilot
Apparently covid is over now since this thread is so quiet. I suppose we all just need to wait another two weeks?

Anyway, hope the Surgeon General doesn’t get thrown in jail for his crime. Or maybe if he doesn’t it’s a good example of “rules for thee but not for me”?

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Those dirtbag rent-a-cops tried the same thing with four of our JO’s. $500 (each) in lawyer’s fees made it go away. It’s a scam the locals are pulling on the Haoles to make a buck.

SlickAg

pilot
In an attempt to drum up business for this thread, here goes:

Why doesn’t Governor Cuomo want people to live??

I’ll beat Team Apocalypse to the punch: BuT tHe FeDeRaLiSt IsN’t A rEaL nEwSpApEr!!!

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
But thank you for proving my point for me. If you don’t wear a mask ALL the time, Wearing. A. Mask. Doesn’t. Do. Anything.

This is a pretty illuminating statement in terms of demonstrating your (in)ability to deductively reason.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I'd like to hear peoples opinions on how to slow the spread or reduce the surge on our hospitals. I'm not trying to start an argument, just want to hear opinions.

SlickAg

pilot
I'd like to hear peoples opinions on how to slow the spread or reduce the surge on our hospitals. I'm not trying to start an argument, just want to hear opinions.
It’s two weeks later, which is the standard coronabro timeline.

How are we doing?

SlickAg

pilot
Super confused here because I was under the impression California’s NPIs were super helpful in stopping the spread. Dr. Fauci himself said Florida was asking for trouble when they removed restrictions. What gives?

And I thought that Japan was doing so much better than America due to their cultural acceptance of mask wearing and concern for the good of the group over that of individuals. Why would cases be rising there after they did such a good job of flattening the curve earlier in the year?