• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

taxi1

pilot
More facts and figures from the horse's uhhhh mouth. On average four additional conditions causing death.

I'm be surprised they didn't all have two or more of pneumonia, adult respiratory distress syndrome, respiratory failure and respiratory arrest on the death certificate, since it is a respiratory disease. It also cause clots and bleeding, so cardiac events and strokes (neurovascular) are mixed in too.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This exercise I've observed here and other places, where highly technical/specialized medical, epidemiologic and immunologic information is interpreted by lay people to reach their preconceived conclusions is akin to a fast food worker performing brain surgery on their child by watching YouTube videos about general anatomy.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
This exercise I've observed here and other places, where highly technical/specialized medical, epidemiologic and immunologic information is interpreted by lay people to reach their preconceived conclusions is akin to a fast food worker performing brain surgery on their child by watching YouTube videos about general anatomy.
Yeah, college educated individuals with STEM degrees interpreting data is exactly like that.

It certainly helps that the President, NIAID, the CDC, the WHO, and FDA have never, ever spread incorrect information about COVID-19, the effectiveness of vaccines, or the effectiveness of various NPIs, and social media platforms certainly didn't ban Dr. Robert Malone, one of the scientists who developed mRNA vaccines, for expressing concerns about the COVID-19 vaccine.

Last edited:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, college educated individuals with STEM degrees interpreting data is exactly like that.
You're proving my point. Would you allow a mathematician to perform brain surgery on your spouse? No, of course you wouldn't.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You're proving my point. Would you allow a mathematician to perform brain surgery on your spouse? No, of course you wouldn't.
Not the best analogy. Brain surgery requires a set of monkey skills a mathematician doesn't have. But a mathematician might be better at analyzing medical data and research studies. Consider this. A NFO doesn't have the monkey skills or qualifications to drive the plane, but there is little doubt that, especially TACAIR NFOs, are in a position to comment intelligently on almost any aspect of military flying.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not the best analogy. Brain surgery requires a set of monkey skills a mathematician doesn't have. But a mathematician might be better at analyzing medical data and research studies. Consider this. A NFO doesn't have the monkey skills or qualifications to drive the plane, but there is little doubt that, especially TACAIR NFOs, are in a position to comment intelligently on almost any aspect of military flying.
Sorry that I can't come up with an analogy that fits the situation I'm describing with 100% accuracy. I'll do better next time. :rolleyes:

taxi1

pilot

You won't find many death certificates that don't mention multiple causes in a chain. It's expected. So if someone dies from Acute Respiratory Distress that was caused by Pneumonia which was precipitated by Covid 19, all three of those will be listed, and all three show up in the CDC database.

1642446494668.png

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot

Ummm no…

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
Maybe?

If we’re discussing specific mission skills or aerodynamics with regards to TACAIR then I am in agreement. If we’re discussing military aviation writ large then TACAIR NFOs and pilots alike are exercising a little bit a of naivety… or at worst hubris when it comes to their understanding of military aviation.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Maybe?

If we’re discussing specific mission skills or aerodynamics with regards to TACAIR then I am in agreement. If we’re discussing military aviation writ large then TACAIR NFOs and pilots alike are exercising a little bit a of naivety… or at worst hubris when it comes to their understanding of military aviation.
I think we are in agreement. Clearly though, both you and I know some things about military aviation, across the board, that is accurate. Depends on the subject. I specifically had in mind driving airplanes (not helos for obvious reasons).

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I can't answer that question, but I can tell you that I don't trust Dr. Fauci or Dr. Walensky to tell me the truth or craft sensible policy wrt COVID-19.

I also can tell you that I have lost three family members that have died because they deferred to "well, doctor knows best."

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Really? I think you can. I recommend reading Death of Expertise, by Tom Nichols (USNWC prof until recently). He goes into some detail about the fallacy of discounting expertise when an expert makes a mistake.
They're not making mistakes, they are advertising BS and constantly moving the goal posts on purpose. I recommend you watch the movie Contagion; the 'playbook' that the authorities are following has existed in public record for decades.

To think otherwise would mean their opinions hold no more weight than a lay person's.

Last edited: