• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Python

pilot
Contributor
How many dead would it take for it to be a big deal for you?

Hard to know an exact number. But I know for sure that a virus that only seriously affects a tiny fraction of a percent of people who aren’t elderly does not cross the “big deal” threshold. Why don’t you flip the question on its head: how much loss of businesses, jobs, education, mental health, opportunity, and prosperity would it take for it to be a big deal to you?

For me, 2020 was way past the big deal threshold for those things. For a virus that simply Was. Not. Scary. Period.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In my metro area, a rather conservative place, a very popular slightly right of center drive time program on an AM news station are still giving a "breaking news" brief every morning. The breaking news after 20 months is the daily covid case and death count, with little to no context. We will never get past this if people don't understand the impact past the tragic death of their great uncle (who had COPD) or their 60 year old neighbor (with hypertension and obesity). If they want to continue the stupid "breaking news" every single morning, I'd like to see them ONLY report how well the vaccination program is going and report on the vax status of severely hospitalized cases and deaths.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Speaking of changing the meaning of things...they couldn’t be laying the ground work for mandatory boosters, could they? Must just be another right-wing conspiracy theory.

The "vaccine" is not now, nor has it ever been, a TRUE vaccine in the strictest definition of the word. Unless, of course, you're keeping up with the CDC changes in vaccine definition over the last 18 months or so . . . .

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The "vaccine" is not now, nor has it ever been, a TRUE vaccine in the strictest definition of the word. Unless, of course, you're keeping up with the CDC changes in vaccine definition over the last 18 months or so . . . .
I dunno. Webster's defines a vaccine as "a preparation that is administered (as by injection) to stimulate the body's immune response against a specific infectious agent or disease." Checked a couple other definitions and they are almost the same. I understand the process is different than most, not all, vaccines to date, but I don't see how one can say the COVID vaccines do not meet the "strictest definition" of the word.

robav8r

None
Contributor
So what? Are saying it doesn’t save lives?
Not texting and driving saves lives too taxi, so does eating a healthy diet, not smoking, and a thousand other things. You see people like you, and the ridiculous, misinformed, manipulative MSM wants EVERYONE on planet earth to think that the CHINA VIRUS KILLS !!!! GET THE VACCINE NOW !!!! Context, just a little, would really help . . . . .

Mirage

pilot
Standby, he'll have a good infographic demonstrating that the vax decreases ones chance of being hospitalized and dying soon. As if that has any bearing on any of the points anyone makes saying it shouldn't be mandated, such as that it is now proven that it does not even slow the spread of covid, which was the original argument for the mandate (and only one that makes any logical sense). Unless of course you think it should be mandated to protect the hospitals, which are nowhere near overrun. Remember at the start of the pandemic when all the car companies started making ventilators to help out the hospitals? And we were sending out hospital ships to help? What happened to that? Guess they weren't needed?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Standby, he'll have a good infographic demonstrating that the vax decreases ones chance of being hospitalized and dying soon. As if that has any bearing on any of the points anyone makes saying it shouldn't be mandated, such as that it is now proven that it does not even slow the spread of covid, which was the original argument for the mandate (and only one that makes any logical sense). Unless of course you think it should be mandated to protect the hospitals, which are nowhere near overrun. Remember at the start of the pandemic when all the car companies started making ventilators to help out the hospitals? And we were sending out hospital ships to help? What happened to that? Guess they weren't needed?

Wait, are you actually arguing that this thread has become repetitive and predictable? Surely not… ;)

Hmmm, I wonder if anyone’s using all this political bickering to their advantage?