• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Yeah. I have seen that. I was only speaking to length of effective resistance between the two. If you want to start counting the minuscule number of hospitalizations and deaths of break throughs of the vaccine, let's take a look at the number of hospitalizations and deaths of people with natural antibodies. I haven't seen those numbers, if they exist.
There was a study from Israel I posted a while back that showed a significant advantage for natural immunity. Both reinfections and breakthrough cases are rare fortunately, especially severe cases.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There was a study from Israel I posted a while back that showed a significant advantage for natural immunity. Both reinfections and breakthrough cases are rare fortunately, especially severe cases.
I wonder what vaccine is predominate in Israel. After I got the covid I researched the length of natural immunity and they were saying at the time only about 4 or 5 months was reliable. I know they have more experience now. You should be able to do an antibody test on early cases and start getting a handle on the length of natural immunity. Without that experience with the vaccine they are still guestimating length of effectiveness.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Anyone tracking cardiovascular problems - especially in younger males - as a result of the mRNA vaccine? I have seen different opinions on it, but nothing trustworthy.

Funny you mention this. My wife took my oldest to his 6 yr check up with the pediatrician. She did ask the Doc some questions about the vaccine, and COVID in general. One of the questions asked was about side effects, and the doc said that they have seen some cases of heart inflammation that will generally last for a period of a few weeks or so, and then self regulate. She (the doc) also said that they see the same symptom in actual COVID patients, however the results are often life-threatening or fatal. Her point being that if you got this side effect from the vaccine, that specific symptom of real COVID would have been much worse for you. I don't know if I've seen any data myself that would support, or contradict, her statements. But since the vaccine does cause your body to recreate the same spike proteins, and induces the immune system to respond to them, it would make sense that such a response could be similar, at least in part, between vaccine and actual infection on an individual level. In short, it is an interesting theory at least.

SlickAg

pilot
Yeah. I have seen that. I was only speaking to length of effective resistance between the two. If you want to start counting the minuscule number of hospitalizations and deaths of break throughs of the vaccine, let's take a look at the number of hospitalizations and deaths of people with natural antibodies. I haven't seen those numbers, if they exist.
I think if it were happening at a high rate then it would be getting coverage from the media to strengthen their argument. It seems to be absent, so...

There’s not many articles/studies I’ve seen about it here, as treetopflyer said Israel seems to be ahead of us there and if I remember correctly, they found natural immunity to be something like 6.72 times more effective than any vaccine. I mean, it’s insane that the CDC and NIH are effectively discounting natural immunity and doubling down on vaccine or bust. I’m glad to see GMU stepping up to the plate and bringing some reason back into the equation.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
American Academy of Pediatricians says being masked around babies doesn’t hinder their development, because there are no studies showing such. So obviously it’s perfectly cool. They’ll just learn through gestures and tone. Even though there aren’t any studies on that either.

At least they waited a week after they deleted them saying the opposite.

Follow the science, guys. Trust the doctors. Mask up around your baby like some kind of deranged lunatic.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I certainly hope people aren't wearing masks at home with their newborns/infants/babies/children, or even at all with the people you live with. If you want to wear one out in public because you feel like it is helpful, I'm nobody to tell you otherwise. But this idea is just bizarre......hopefully people aren't this weird.