• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

jackjack

All places like Taiwan, NZ, and Aussieland prove is how important strong immigration and border control policies are. What's the point of locking down if you're going to let 10,000 person convoys cross our border unimpeded?

I'll concede we could have done differently if border control enters the chat. Til then, this is much ado about nothing.

and really, trolls?

"how dare people have different thoughts on life-changing circumstances created by the government for a virus that doesn't affect them!' Grow up.
For reference, our nearest neighbor is New Guinee. At high tide is less than 1 mile away. As part of the island chain, than can be navigated by a 12 ft open boat.
"The closest distance between the PNG and Australian mainlands is about 80 nautical miles (about 150 km). In 1972, several (presumed) Australian islands lay close to the PNG coast. At high tide, the nearest such island (Kussa) was less than one kilometre distant."

That is a good theory about covid coming across the border. Though it seems it came from the US north going Mexico south. It was rampant in the US while Mexico still had low numbers. The movement of those crossing the boarder returning home because of low employment. It seems they took the covid with them.

Last edited:

Hair Warrior

Contributor

^ cool. So basically, it’s not safe enough for teachers to reopen schools and teach kids in person, but it’s safe enough to force “truant” minors to go work off (literally as child labor) their “truancy debts” at some in-person community service job?

Last edited:

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Can’t afford those fines, but she can afford to feed all those fucking parrots...

I digress...

It’s not that hard for kids to knock this out, my 12 and 14 year old can figure it out. She’s either stupid or full of shit if her kid missed an entire month of school. I’d rather they threaten them with a couple hundred dollars now than force me to pay them thousands of dollars of welfare later.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Paywalls...

Remember when the NYT and other news sources were being "charitable" and ensuring we were given "critical information on the pandemic" for free? That seems to be history now that the news isn't all doom and gloom.

Sign of the times... a good sign, in my opinion.

SlickAg

pilot

Vaccine rollout seems to be going a lot better here compared to Europe. Surprised the NYT would run this.
Clearly, they’re trying to divert attention away from the stair force one incident.

France is locking down again, LHR has crews confined to the hotel (but can leave your room for now at least), vaccine passports and closed borders; I don’t see European travel making much of a comeback this summer. Same thing for Asia and the Far East. Especially since the metric of success is still seemingly tied to vaccine rates.

exNavyOffRec

Clearly, they’re trying to divert attention away from the stair force one incident.

France is locking down again, LHR has crews confined to the hotel (but can leave your room for now at least), vaccine passports and closed borders; I don’t see European travel making much of a comeback this summer. Same thing for Asia and the Far East. Especially since the metric of success is still seemingly tied to vaccine rates.
LHR?