• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

ben4prez

pilot
Curious what the airline pilot impacts will be - Delta just announced a 40% flight reduction over the next 4 months

Dontcallmegump

pilot
Curious what the airline pilot impacts will be - Delta just announced a 40% flight reduction over the next 4 months

Flew with a reservist today who's a delta pilot. When asked about the situation in general he said "they haven't talked about any furloughs, yet".

I said "must be a good time to knock out some orders and fly with the students". He didn't seem amused...

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor

Based on today’s info, I’d seriously recommend considering taking a set of 2-3 year orders to ride the storm vs getting out in the next year. Each of the legacies seem to have written off making a profit in 2020 and talking about parking hundreds of aircraft in their respective fleets. At 10-14 pilots per aircraft, the trickle down effect of that is going to be a bloodbath in the pilot community. Delta is talking about parking 120 Delta Connection aircraft in addition to the 180 mainline aircraft. AA is talking about parking 100-130 mainline aircraft in the next 18 months and have already started to identify regional aircraft for storage with the first ones going in May. United is talking about a Frontier+ sized fleet reduction as well.

If the panic doesn’t stop in the next six weeks and these things come to fruition there will be thousands of 121 pilots on the street. Even with the retirements, it’ll be 2-3 years before everyone is hiring again.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Think about doing something with that GI Bill that you've been saving up too...

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
It's interesting in panic psychology that TP is first to go off the shelves. I don't understand this.

Where does TP fall on Maslow's hierarchy of needs?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Based on today’s info, I’d seriously recommend considering taking a set of 2-3 year orders to ride the storm vs getting out in the next year.
I think that is a big overreaction and the same type of hysteria that is causing as many problems as the actual virus itself.

My airline’s management has been holding daily meetings with our union. This is a week by week or at best a month by month crisis. They expect it to be resolved by late summer at worse.

While we are reducing our capacity by 12% for April and 20% for May, we are not making any June cuts until the first part of May as they see how it is going. We are also not canceling or delaying our 2020 aircraft deliveries which are all expansion aircraft to include a new fleet type (787).

It’s way too early to be the predicting years of doom and gloom.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I finished my overseas PCS in the nick of time, got here last week before the redonkulousness kicked in. I brought my dog with me too but a lot of airlines have put temp-bans on transporting pets. I have some friends that are now sitting around wondering when they’ll PCS over and also when their dog/cat can travel too.

Nothing says fun as having moved out of their house, living in a hotel waiting for their flight, and now being told to stop movement.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Texted my unit yesterday to see if we're still drilling this weekend....yup, apparently the wing said everyone shall still drill.

Okay, roger that. Nonrev'd to my unit, got some food, and saw this DOD travel ban that doesn't have any guidance for the Reserves...

I know it goes into effect Monday, but still. At least it won't be hard to get a seat home!

Goodfou