• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

taxi1

pilot
That isn't what is implied in much of the news reporting.
Here's the JAMA article that the CDC cites in pushing for masks. Key points:

Covering mouths and noses with filtering materials serves 2 purposes: personal protection against inhalation of harmful pathogens and particulates, and source control to prevent exposing others to infectious microbes that may be expelled during respiration. When asked to wear face coverings, many people think in terms of personal protection (@SlickAg that's you). But face coverings are also widely and routinely used as source control. For instance, if given the choice between having surgery performed by a team not wearing some covering over their mouths and noses vs a team that does, almost all patients would reject the former....

...Some have raised concerns that homemade face coverings made from household fabrics may be inferior compared with commercially manufactured products.
Cloth face coverings can substantially limit forward dispersion of exhaled respirations that contain potentially infectious respiratory particles in the 1- to 10-μm range that includes aerosol-sized particles...

That's their way of saying it acts like a JBD.

SlickAg

pilot
What's the rate of compliance with mask wearing in CA?
You’re the accomplished scientist; find me a source you trust. You’ve had multiple command tours; were you often in the habit of allowing your orders to go unheeded? If people aren’t following the governor’s orders sounds like people must not respect his leadership. Or, masks don’t work. But you’ve told us time and again how effective they are, so it must be the former.

How’s the hospital bed situation in Houston?

SlickAg

pilot
Look it up yourself. You brought up the Virus situation in CA, not me.
Also, you misquoted me. I put the ball in your court since you’re such an expert on all of this. If you can find that data for any state, let me know. I mean you’re so smart about all of this stuff, surely you have a trusted source?

Please answer my question about hospitals in Houston. You brought it up a while ago, just wanted to check in and see how good your crystal ball ended up being.

Last edited:

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Also, you misquoted me.
Settle down Lieutenant Kaffee....we all know you ”want answers” ... You come across as an a profound anti-masker...keep up the good fight.

BTW, when you report someone to the moderators for mis-quoting you, it really shows who you are....

SlickAg

pilot
Settle down Lieutenant Kaffee....we all know you ”want answers” ... You come across as an a profound anti-masker...keep up the good fight.

BTW, when you report someone to the moderators for mis-quoting you, it really shows who you are....
You come across as a profound (something I’m not going to say).

I hadn’t ever used the report feature before until the whole can’t post a link without an explanation deemed worthy by you. Glad to see it still keeps you busy.

taxi1

pilot
Please answer my question about hospitals in Houston. You brought it up a while ago...
I checked, since it could have been a senior moment on my part, but there isn't a single post on this forum by me that has the word "Houston" in it.

SlickAg

pilot
Be patient. We're working on it. Florida and Texas leading the way.
That was from June 23rd, when you said hospitals in Florida and Texas were "working on" being overwhelmed. And then there were some posts by @Gonzo08 talking about how the hospitals in Houston were 10-12 day away from being overrun. So I thought that naturally the conversation had shifted that way. My humblest and most sincere apologies.

So shall I instead ask you the state of the hospital situation in Texas? Since a city IN Texas isn't acceptable?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I hadn’t ever used the report feature before until the whole can’t post a link without an explanation deemed worthy by you. Glad to see it still keeps you busy.
Not true...I think you are forgetting that you've used the "report" button on several occasions in May prior to the COVID thread twitter link posting in June.

Yes, moderating the site does keep the moderators busy...especially the one percent that require 100% of our attention.

SlickAg

pilot
Not true...I think you are forgetting that you've used the "report" button on several occasions in May prior to the COVID thread twitter link posting in June.

Yes, moderating the site does keep the moderators busy...especially the one percent that require 100% of our attention.
What occasions were those exactly?

It’s funny how you’re the only one I ever see publicly complain about it. Maybe if it’s too much to handle you should give it up?

Treetop Flyer

pilot

You know what derails threads worse than posting a link without commentary? Bickering with posters over moderation issues that don’t matter to anyone but you and that poster.