• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19 and Navy Life

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
yes, and Spanish Navy Frigates

I'd love to ride one of those. They keep them in very good condition. Plus they have wine.

Usually discussion topics that are not appropriate for accessions, Training Command or public audiences... and SWOs. Lots of talk about SWOs and their myriad shortcomings.

Good thing I'm not a SWO anymore! :D

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
So what's the rating criteria? Are cheese sandwiches as good as fried chicken?
Things you can eat with hands.

Best and worst for me:

BEST: HCO SUPPO tells us it's gonna be a few minutes because they made ribs but want to give us dry rub ones that aren't ready yet since he knows sauced up ones will be messy for us. Chicken tenders are a close second for the other ships.

Worst: I've been given a plate of peas and mushrooms with no utensils. Second worst: plate of spaghetti full of sauce. The peas and mushrooms though, man it's like they just don't care!

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Worst: I've been given a plate of peas and mushrooms with no utensils. The peas and mushrooms though, man it's like they just don't care!

Man, the ship CSC or CS1 must have hated y'all. Probably because it was usually his boys manning crash-n-smash and the fueling team (at least on a small boy).

Second worst: plate of spaghetti full of sauce.

How drenched were you with sauce afterwards?

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
Man, the ship CSC or CS1 must have hated y'all. Probably because it was usually his boys manning crash-n-smash and the fueling team (at least on a small boy).

How drenched were you with sauce afterwards?

A lot of times I think it's SUPPOs who are mad we aren't paying for the meal. But, we still have to pay for the meal back on our own ship and 99% of the time I am doing said small boy a service - I wish they wouldn't get so uptight about it.

As far as the peas and the spaghetti, both were plates that I either gave the aircrew the plate back and asked them to throw it out in the trash bag or they could keep it. You can't walk back onto the carrier looking like a schmuck with tomato sauce all over you!

SteveHolt!!!

pilot
Worst: I've been given a plate of peas and mushrooms with no utensils. Second worst: plate of spaghetti full of sauce. The peas and mushrooms though, man it's like they just don't care!

Chili, on a plate, with no utensils, on a 4 hour DLQ that turned into a 8 hour MEDEVAC. It felt a little like they were going out of their way to ensure we didn't eat.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Chili, on a plate, with no utensils, on a 4 hour DLQ that turned into a 8 hour MEDEVAC. It felt a little like they were going out of their way to ensure we didn't eat.
I see your peas, mushrooms, and chili....and I raise you CRAB LEGS at night with a side of mashed potatoes that somehow got on my NVGs causing me to think my goggles died! Fuck! ????‍♂️

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
I see your peas, mushrooms, and chili....and I raise you CRAB LEGS at night with a side of mashed potatoes that somehow got on my NVGs causing me to think my goggles died! Fuck! ????‍♂️

I no joke actually laughed out loud in my office while reading this. That is hysterical.

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
Plus they have wine.
Dutch! The Dutch frigates!!! Been there three times, first one in 1996 (old AAW FFG HNLMS Jacob Van Heemskerck), thought before that the best beer of the planet is the Belgian one, from the Vallonian south. No! The Dutch strong dark (10% just like wine) is better! And it is available in officers wardroom with no limits, just service yourself from the keg. It's kinda paradise