• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cortramid

Status
Not open for further replies.

illinijoe05

Nachos
pilot
OK just to play devils advocate...
I KNOW a Midn who did all of the following( and is now slected SNA),
Went to TJ
Hooked up with other mids
Left base without signing out almost everytime
Got drunk every weekend night and some weeknights
Came in after curfue frequently
And he got in absolutleyt now trouble, why. BEcause he isnt a retard.
When you got to TJ dont tell the enitre company your going
When you hook up with other mids do it after the chiefs come around for the surprise room inspection that night
If you dont sign out you cant get caught being late...(althoug if you get caught doing something wrong ie arrested you are really screwed now but you are just for being arrested anyways)
When you come home drunk go straight to your room dont wander around base hoping to get into trouble.
Now i dont realyl condone any of this behavior, in fact this MIDN is a lot ballsier than i will ever be but I still had a good time too. It doesn have to be BORE-TRAMID

illinijoe05 said:
Went to TJ
When you hook up with other mids do it after the chiefs come around for the surprise room inspection that night
If you dont sign out you cant get caught being late...(althoug if you get caught doing something wrong ie arrested you are really screwed now but you are just for being arrested anyways)
When you come home drunk go straight to your room dont wander around base hoping to get into trouble.
Now i dont realyl condone any of this behavior, in fact this MIDN is a lot ballsier than i will ever be but I still had a good time too. It doesn have to be BORE-TRAMID

Yeah, and make sure you set a good example for everyone while you're at it... Yes, you can get away with stuff, but why risk it? It's just stupid to risk your entire future on, say, a little alcohol. Plus, you're going to be a Naval Officer, and you should be setting the standard. Go out and have fun. Go drinking when you're of age. But be responsible! Rules are there for a reason.

Anyway, regarding clothes, bring some "proper civilian attire" in addition to whatever you want to wear. You should always wear proper civilian attire on base. When you leave, though, the standards are more relaxed. No one is going to criticize your clothing choice when off base (unless it's really, really bad...).

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
illinijoe05 said:
Went to TJ

Allright, going to start by saying, I in no way am going to tell someone not to drink underage, I would be a hipocrit.

The rest of this sh!t is just that. if you understand it or not, you are in training to become an OFFICER in the united states navy. Do the words Honor, Courage and Committment ring a bell. I know it sounds real corny, but there is a reason why those values were singled out.

As an officer, you set the example (or at least you should). This is not something that is going to happen over night when you get commissioned. If you are going to be a sh!tbag in Officer training, guess what, chances are you are going to be a sh!tbag as an officer.

Just becuase someone gets away with stuff and still gets selected as SNA, speaks absolutly zero about what kind of officer they are.

Few examples just from first hand knowledge. \all people i knew from college
-MIDN on CORTRAMID, does exactly as you described above on all 3 of his cruises (even misses ships movement on his 2/C) but he got commissioned and got SNA.... Attritted out of API... DUI

-MIDN DUI on summer cruise... gets commissioned and gets SNA.... Fails out of primary... unofficer like qualities.

-MIDN sleeps with enlisted sailors on all 3 cruises, got commissioned (although as a SWO)... continues to fraternize as an officer... thrown off her ship and will go no farther in her career.

the list goes on and on. Yes there is a VERY good chance that you will not get caught being a retard on CORTRAMID, however you are developing leadership traits on these cruises and during your tenure at NROTC, if you act like a jackass you probably will be a jackass as an O.

Off soap box now...

All that being said, yes have fun, party and interact with your peers (both male and female), but be smart about it. Yes at times in CORTRAMID it will seem like they are treating you like a child, play the game... the rewards are much better than the consequences of not playing the game.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
bch said:
Allright, going to start by saying, I in no way am going to tell someone not to drink underage, I would be a hipocrit.

The rest of this sh!t is just that. if you understand it or not, you are in training to become an OFFICER in the united states navy. Do the words Honor, Courage and Committment ring a bell. I know it sounds real corny, but there is a reason why those values were singled out.

As an officer, you set the example (or at least you should). This is not something that is going to happen over night when you get commissioned. If you are going to be a sh!tbag in Officer training, guess what, chances are you are going to be a sh!tbag as an officer.

Just becuase someone gets away with stuff and still gets selected as SNA, speaks absolutly zero about what kind of officer they are.

Few examples just from first hand knowledge. \all people i knew from college
-MIDN on CORTRAMID, does exactly as you described above on all 3 of his cruises (even misses ships movement on his 2/C) but he got commissioned and got SNA.... Attritted out of API... DUI

-MIDN DUI on summer cruise... gets commissioned and gets SNA.... Fails out of primary... unofficer like qualities.

-MIDN sleeps with enlisted sailors on all 3 cruises, got commissioned (although as a SWO)... continues to fraternize as an officer... thrown off her ship and will go no farther in her career.

the list goes on and on. Yes there is a VERY good chance that you will not get caught being a retard on CORTRAMID, however you are developing leadership traits on these cruises and during your tenure at NROTC, if you act like a jackass you probably will be a jackass as an O.

Off soap box now...

All that being said, yes have fun, party and interact with your peers (both male and female), but be smart about it. Yes at times in CORTRAMID it will seem like they are treating you like a child, play the game... the rewards are much better than the consequences of not playing the game.

Glad someone could put it in the proper perspective. Lesson of the day: don't fvck your career before it even begins.

Geese

You guys are dangerous.
illinijoe05 said:
Went to TJ
"you guys are dangerous"

Attachments

• Topgun7.jpg
    Topgun7.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 69

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Surprise room inspections? Hrmm... never had any of those... I know people who would've been kicked out every night if the 'no-hibbidy-dibbity' rule was enforced...

You know you had a crappy CORTRAMID when...

Your Company LT signs off to allow some lucky fools go home a few days early.

Said LT forgets he did so, and then calls the company to muster to ask where the missing MIDN are... and where their flight gear is.

LT gets really p!ssed off when everyone tries to tell him he allowed them to leave early... has the company throw on their khakis, stand at attention outside the BOQ (at midnight, no less), and demands that we 'stop covering for them'

Drunken enlisted sailor passing by listens to LTs rant, gets really p!ssed off, and decides to curse him out... then jump him and start pounding him.

Yes, it was a very interesting CORTRAMID experience...

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
Haha, wow... so many stories... I hope I accumulate some interesting ones at CORTRAMID--only not involving me, just other mids. I'll be the good one.

LG

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
For all the current 4/C out there, let's get a little info exchange here. What units are yall from and which coast are you going for CORTRAMID?

I'm at Vanderbilt, and I'm going east.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
bch said:

hehe, ran into her in Jax on a CQ det, didn't surprise me at all

This whole "proper civilian attire" thing, don't just bring shirts with collars and khaki pants, bring a ton of your "normal" everyday clothes (t-shirts, short, flip-flops, etc). The only people I've seen wear proper civilian attire on base are either MIDN or candidates in OCS.

bulldozer3

pilot
TurnandBurn55 said:
Surprise room inspections? Hrmm... never had any of those... I know people who would've been kicked out every night if the 'no-hibbidy-dibbity' rule was enforced...

You know you had a crappy CORTRAMID when...

Your Company LT signs off to allow some lucky fools go home a few days early.

Said LT forgets he did so, and then calls the company to muster to ask where the missing MIDN are... and where their flight gear is.

LT gets really p!ssed off when everyone tries to tell him he allowed them to leave early... has the company throw on their khakis, stand at attention outside the BOQ (at midnight, no less), and demands that we 'stop covering for them'

Drunken enlisted sailor passing by listens to LTs rant, gets really p!ssed off, and decides to curse him out... then jump him and start pounding him.

Yes, it was a very interesting CORTRAMID experience...

Was that norfolk summer of 2000 ? if so, i was in that company. The LT was asian, sub guy. I remember before he had us muster outside in khakis a buddy asked him if we were going to be there long, and if so, we were going to order pizza.... hahaha good times....

Ex Rigger

pilot
When I was back in my old Squadron, VF-211, all the mids that came through got back seat rides in the Tomcat....as did I once I told them I wouldn't get to in the STA-21 program.

Status
Not open for further replies.